Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,068

0 members and 2,068 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,393
Threads: 248,764
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, bananas_momma

Big News Coming Tomorrow!

Printable View

• 07-07-2013, 04:20 PM
    Sean : EbN
    Re: Big News Coming Tomorrow!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike41793 View Post
    Sean,

No need to eat crap over anything. Simple misunderstanding. I'm happy you can see what I was saying now though. I read what you said about deserts and really analyzed it, since like i said, i don't have experience with the gene. But when i was comparing the two snakes side by side, it wasn't adding up. From what the OP said, these two snakes are siblings from the same clutch that amir hatched:
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/08/hypuze9y.jpg
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/08/2y7unuve.jpg

The first one, I agree, DOES have desert in it. The second one, the OP's snake, just looks like a citrus pastel to me. Especially for being clutchmates, they look very different to me. This is why I asked the OP for baby pics. I'm wondering if Brant misunderstood the same thing and if his opinion would change?

Mike... thanks I just ate lunch and I don't think I have room in my stomach for anything else LOL I see what you were saying and now it all makes sense. I wonder if Brant feels the same way too. I can't say for certain that it isn't but definitely not a slam dunk
  • 07-07-2013, 04:54 PM
    Kodieh
    So, some have converted to thinking this is not a desert?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  • 07-07-2013, 04:55 PM
    SaintTawny
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jsmorphs2 View Post
    I'm also confused. Isn't the top picture the OP's girl as a baby? Sorry I don't have time to surf the whole thread again.

Clarification: The following three pictures are all of the same snake, the "Citrus Pastel Desert" that laid this clutch we're all talking about. Color coded circles highlight identifying features throughout the three pictures.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ps0fa735f7.jpg
    ^OP's baby picture

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...psf339869b.jpg
    ^Recent picture of the same "Citrus Pastel Desert" from another thread by OP

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...pse283b1c9.jpg
    ^Same snake, on eggs.

Personally, I don't see Desert in the above snake. Whether or not you do, you can make up your own mind based on the available pictures, but if you think the first one is a plain Citrus you have to concede that the snake on the eggs is a plain Citrus. The inverse is also true.
  • 07-07-2013, 05:12 PM
    PitOnTheProwl
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean : EbN View Post
    The pattern being heavily keyholed. The color on the sides where the yellow of the sides goes into the dorsal, it is a bit dirty and on a Desert that is so small it should be very clean. Lastly the eye stripe at the back of the head is blurry whereas on most Deserts the eye stripe is very defined, looks like it was drawn on with a pencil. Again I thought the OTHER photo was the OP's snake as a hatchling not this one.

I wish WOBP utilized their option and listed descriptions this detailed, it would really help some of us that are not into certain morphs.
    (especially all the "new" ones that look normal to me ;) )

I am not really into the deserts and only know what I have heard and read about them. I do know this could be HUGE of our hobby and I am interested in seeing the outcome of the clutch.

I will be a little saddened should we have to lock this thread because some people cannot control themselves during a debate and have to resort to name calling and mudslinging. Lets leave that for our government officials that suck our tax dollars dry. :cool:
  • 07-07-2013, 05:12 PM
    MarkS
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike41793 View Post
    : I do realize people miss odds all the time. You guys are pulling out these examples but out of ALL the clutches you've hatched, im sure the odds were overall better for you all.

This is true, 'the odds' really only work out on a large sample size, 6 or 7 eggs is really too small to be statistically significant. Which is why NOT producing any morphs in a clutch this size would not be definitive proof of either it's existence or lack thereof
  • 07-07-2013, 05:21 PM
    Robyn@SYR
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Family Reptiles View Post
    This is Mike from Family Reptiles here in Lakeland, FL. Congratulations on your Desert clutch. Scott and Elizabeth, the owners of Family Reptiles, also have a viable clutch of eggs from a Desert female currently in the incubator and it is due to pip in a couple weeks. We also know of a few other breeders that have viable desert clutches and we are all trying to compare notes as to what factors may have been involved in the success. If you are willing, Scott would love to chat.

Whoa. Wow. Such terrific news. We lost a number of gravid animals in our facility fire, I can live vicariously through others on this journey. Best of luck to all.
  • 07-07-2013, 05:30 PM
    Mike41793
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    This is true, 'the odds' really only work out on a large sample size, 6 or 7 eggs is really too small to be statistically significant. Which is why NOT producing any morphs in a clutch this size would not be definitive proof of either it's existence or lack thereof

very true. Didn't think about it in reverse to what I was saying haha
  • 07-07-2013, 05:31 PM
    Mike41793
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PitOnTheProwl View Post
    I will be a little saddened should we have to lock this thread because some people cannot control themselves during a debate and have to resort to name calling and mudslinging. Lets leave that for our government officials that suck our tax dollars dry. :cool:

Behaving myself and double checking what I type just like you taught me papa bear. ;) :p
  • 07-07-2013, 05:38 PM
    hig
    I wish the OP took pics to document this, then made the post AFTER the eggs hatch! If no deserts in the clutch, try again next year. The snake didn't look desert to me, and comparing pics of confirmed deserts, I still feel the same way. There is no way to say for sure the snake in question is a citrus desert until proving out the genetics. It is irresponsible to say otherwise. I don't know the "big names" that have been thrown around, but I take with a grain of salt the opinion of someone who has 8.22 snakes of this combo saying the snake in question is a viable citrus desert. That is simple buyer beware stuff.

OP: Best of luck! Words to the wise, next time you discover gold: prove it is gold then capitalize on it, don't blab to every man and his dog where you found a piece of yellow rock! Your business model, wife and kids will thank you for it.
  • 07-07-2013, 05:52 PM
    Sean : EbN
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodieh View Post
    So, some have converted to thinking this is not a desert?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I was under the impression that we were arguing over this snake...
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/08/hypuze9y.jpg

I thought the OP snake was this animal. You still shouldn't think that everyone supporting a claim is doing so for profitable gain. If that was so I wouldn't have said half the things I said about the animal in the other photos (i.e. talking about distinct identifying points) When one of the other posters asked me to be clear about which animals I said wasn't a Desert is when I realized that I had misunderstood one of the posts from pages ago. Believe it or not there are some people who want to desperately see the Desert gene clear of all the bad stuff but for the betterment of the morph not profitability.

I apologize for calling you ignorant unless you have a problem with the animal in this ^^^^ photo being a Desert since it was the one I was talking about all along. :rolleye2: