Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,421

0 members and 2,421 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,398
Threads: 248,766
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Powerline99
  • 06-01-2009, 02:11 PM
    Muze
    Re: POLL: Have you been bit by a BP?
    [QUOTE=I am far FAR more afraid of the rodents than the snakes.[/QUOTE]

Lol...I am so with you on this. I am not really afraid of a BP bite, but I am afriad of a rat or mouse bite. I always feed F/T, but I have to feed the hatchlings live for the first few meals to get them established. Most of them took the mice right away this first meal, except for one of the girls. She kept following the mouse around but the mouse would jump on her, and tried to bite one time. I had to get in there & take the feisty mouse out. That mouse put up a fight (& he was a small weanling).

I'll be trying a fuzzy or small opper for this girl next time.
  • 06-01-2009, 02:27 PM
    TheOtherLeadingBrand
    Yeah I hate those things! I haven't been bitten but I hate touching them. I catch mice by the tail. I won't touch a rat. DH does it. Yet he won't touch the aggressive snakes- I do that. LOL
  • 06-01-2009, 02:33 PM
    grammie
    finally got my first nip today. Very small but that girl was hungry!!! Apparently I'm going to have to mix up feeding days so she won't jump at me.
  • 06-01-2009, 07:51 PM
    aSnakeLovinBabe
    I have the meanest, most satanic BP in existence. A little male that's very neatly banded. affectionately known as my little banded nightmare... little sucker bites his own shadow!!!
  • 06-02-2009, 09:53 PM
    TheOtherLeadingBrand
    Quote:

Originally Posted by aSnakeLovinBabe View Post
    I have the meanest, most satanic BP in existence. A little male that's very neatly banded. affectionately known as my little banded nightmare... little sucker bites his own shadow!!!

I think he has a good competition in my het pied female hahaha let's NOT breed them together, they'd have a clutch of monsters lol
  • 06-03-2009, 12:03 PM
    da_gleadless
    I've never been bitten by my three BP's yet, though my ghost looks like she wants to sometimes lol.

But my friend bit me once when he was drunk:banana: (actually not joking)
  • 06-03-2009, 09:25 PM
    amandajf
    I got bitten twice by my second BP years ago. stupid me stuck my hand in to move something twice after feeding.. still smelled of mouse. Doesn't hurt at all, snake appeared to feel bad.

Mice? terrified. i got attacked while babysitting by the kids' mini hamster. sucker kept getting out and bit the crap out of me each time I tried to re-catch it.
  • 06-04-2009, 02:58 AM
    Crazy4Herps
    Nope. And I've had her for well over a year now. Cu is such a sweetie. Stick a tube down her throat and she doesn't even hiss. Love her to death.

The only time she ever struck (like crazy) was at the vets after she had gotten a shot (between the scales, straight into the heart... ouch! :( ), but the vet was great (really knew what she was doing, I feel so lucky to have a high quality herp vet local) and got her in the bin without any of us getting tagged.

Anyways.

So far, I haven't been tagged by Sangre either, although I doubt that will last very long. :P Short tails will be short tails, after all.
  • 06-06-2009, 02:08 PM
    k2l3d4
    Yep..... Little son of gun just tagged me twice!!!!! did not hurt but i was not expecting it.
  • 06-06-2009, 02:16 PM
    JeffJ
    Quote:

Originally Posted by k2l3d4 View Post
    Yep..... Little son of gun just tagged me twice!!!!! did not hurt but i was not expecting it.

tickles eh :P

never been tagged by a bp but my tree boa has got me off guard.