Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,890

0 members and 1,890 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,393
Threads: 248,764
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, bananas_momma

Big News Coming Tomorrow!

Printable View

• 07-07-2013, 02:17 PM
    Kodieh
    Re: Big News Coming Tomorrow!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Herpenthusiast3 View Post
    Wow! Harsh. You "HOPE" the animals dies so you can prove a point?! Even if the pairing didn't prove out why would you hope that an animal perishes to prove your point?! And then that pessimistic statement that the snake is one of the worst pastels you have ever seen?!.... Hmmmm... Better idea!!!! Snag some popcorn sit back and wait for the outcome to either talk crap or hold your tongue. Bashing the OP in what seems like an interesting thread makes for a bad read. :/

Not harsh, if you want to be a sheep because people who have a lot of money in this come in a say crap then by all means.

I'll think for myself, however. And I won't compromise my opinion because these highly invested people say I'm wrong.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  • 07-07-2013, 02:19 PM
    JMinILM
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodieh View Post
    This is why i hope either the snake dies to prove a point or its not desert.

I hope you mistyped this sentence. You don't really want the snake to die do you?
  • 07-07-2013, 02:24 PM
    Kodieh
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Mechtly View Post
    I hope you mistyped this sentence. You don't really want the snake to die do you?

Its bad logic, at this point, since the snake has passed the dying because of breeding point. However, I stand by it still.

• 07-07-2013, 02:31 PM
    Mike41793
    Quote:

Originally Posted by grcforce327 View Post
    Didn't know "donation" and "paid membership" were one and the same! Why don't you do both?:headbang:

Oh no, i'll do both. I didn't know they were different. I assumed paid membership was just what you got when you donated money. Poor choice of words on my part
  • 07-07-2013, 02:38 PM
    Sean : EbN
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodieh View Post
    Not harsh, if you want to be a sheep because people who have a lot of money in this come in a say crap then by all means.

I'll think for myself, however. And I won't compromise my opinion because these highly invested people say I'm wrong.

Your crude and amateur opinion is upsetting! If you think I am commenting because of my financial stance in the Desert project, you are boldly mistaken! Since the news of Desert females being "pet-only quality" I have continued turn my ORIGINAL investment over EVERY YEAR! Yes I'm saying that the amount of money that my company spent on Deserts has been profitable EVERY YEAR including this year when Desert animals were $100-500 each.

You're ignorant for writing what you have since you don't understand the gene or what it looks like. To say that you wish failure so that our "company line" is cut is foolish. You continue to be WRONG :colbert:
  • 07-07-2013, 02:40 PM
    MarkS
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean : EbN View Post
    Hello old friend ;)

There are two main lines of Desert, the ProExotics and Pete Kahl lines. The ProE line is typically a lot cleaner and brighter than the Pete Kahl line but this isn't always true. Personally I've worked with the Pete Kahl line for many years and I have produced some stellar animals from it. I still admit that generally the ProE line is more attractive. I too would like to know what line of Desert, Amir is working (perhaps both but I just sent him a text but I don't know how long until I get a response)

Here are VERY ACCURATE photos of three different Pastel Deserts that we have produced in the past from the Pete Kahl line...

http://www.exoticsbynature.com/image...02/final/1.jpg

http://www.exoticsbynature.com/image...01/final/1.jpg

http://www.exoticsbynature.com/image...01/final/3.jpg

Hey Sean good to see you again too, it's been a while. Thanks for posting those pictures, that's precisely why I'm excited about this development. No, that doesn't mean I going to go out and buy a bunch of desert females just so I can breed them, that would be foolish. But it does give me hope for the future and I'm anxiously awaiting to see what happens.
  • 07-07-2013, 02:41 PM
    Mike41793
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Markus Jayne View Post
    A 1% chance? Really??? :confusd:

Yep. Look at what Jay M. said. I was on break at work and responding fast so I didn't have time to type out the math. So basically, if that female has desert in her, we can say with confidence there's like a 98.5% chance we'll see at least one desert hatch. That was my point. Sorry, didn't mean to be confusing about it.
  • 07-07-2013, 02:45 PM
    Sean : EbN
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike41793 View Post
    Yep. Look at what Jay M. said. I was on break at work and responding fast so I didn't have time to type out the math. So basically, if that female has desert in her, we can say with confidence there's like a 98.5% chance we'll see at least one desert hatch. That was my point. Sorry, didn't mean to be confusing about it.

... and my point is that missing the 50% odds on ONE clutch is common! It happens to me every year and as per your calculations should happen to me AT LEAST 3 times this year :O
  • 07-07-2013, 02:47 PM
    Mephibosheth1
    @Kodieh: Do you have any basis to substantiate YOUR claim that the three people in question are actually lying to us all and misrepresenting the hobby due to their "investment" in the success of this project??

If not, I request that you stop the mudslinging towards them; I know I personally don't want to come to a thread to see this kind of baseless accusations. Expressing your opinion is fine, but you can do it without insinuating that others only have selfish interests in mind (especially when, after claiming that they only have their interests in mind, you show that you are no better than they are by wishing your view on the poor snake in question.)

I bid you good day
  • 07-07-2013, 02:48 PM
    Jake Milbradt
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean : EbN View Post
    The neonate photo that you posted above in comparison to the one of the Citrus Pastel (a poorly overcolored photo which looks like it was taken at a reptile show with low K, HPS lights from an overhead warehouse lamp interfering) shows the animals to have very different patterns. Let me try to explain... Notice the head on the Desert in question. The center is an even tone of purple with no really obvious patterning. The non-desert animal would have more of a visible pattern or at least not so even of a tone. Also the cleanliness of the pattern on the Desert with less "keyhole" alien eye stuff going on and a more crisp definition of lines.

Sean,

I've re-read this paragraph of yours several times, and I just want to make sure I'm reading it clearly. Are you saying both of these snakes are pastel deserts? Or only the snake in the second picture?