Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,154

2 members and 2,152 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,408
Threads: 248,769
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, WheezyS
  • 02-12-2013, 08:47 PM
    Joshua Jasper
    Re: Who owns guns and you carry?
    We have a 12 gauge over under ruger for sport shooting and clays (skeet and 5 stand), a 0.50 Muzzleloader and a 30.06 I use for hunting. In addition, my fiance's dad deals gun and she used to shoot Olympic skeet so she has lots of guns down in RI including a beautiful Kreighoff Shotgun that she used in competition.
  • 02-12-2013, 08:50 PM
    olstyn
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Seanjackmc View Post
    Does anybody want to buy 13 guns? I'm going to have some wings this weekend and they are not healthy so I have no business protecting myself or family. Ok sorry couldn't resist, I really am making wings this weekend.

Well, I'm not interested in the Glocks, since they just plain don't fit my hands well and I prefer 9mm to .40 for reasons of capacity, cost, and "snappiness" anyway, but depending on what exactly your AR is, that might be interesting to me. Of course, if it's a "package deal," I suppose Glocks probably aren't too hard to resell. :P

/also couldn't resist
    //not really trying to buy your guns
  • 02-12-2013, 08:52 PM
    Seanjackmc
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Ugh I haven't made wings in a long time....I tend to go out of control when I bust out my deep fryer out, everything ends up in there.

Hahahahaha! That's totlay me. I end up making a beer batter and throw everything in. We call it a fry party. I don't care what it is it goes in! I have a turkey fryer I use and man things get ugly quick! End up going to the freezer section of the store and buy it out then dump it in hot oil and everyone is happy.
    Sorry this is so funny to me. But we have the same problem as Rob, starts as wings and turns into a bunch of stuff being fried we don't need. But if the beer is cold it's all good!
  • 02-12-2013, 08:53 PM
    Mike41793
    Who owns guns and you carry?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Ugh I haven't made wings in a long time....I tend to go out of control when I bust out my deep fryer out, everything ends up in there.

I'll trade you buff chic dip for buff chic wings...
  • 02-12-2013, 09:15 PM
    pigfat
    Come on Mike! I'm cooler than a fan. I tend to end up in foot pursuits.
  • 02-12-2013, 09:15 PM
    MrLang
    I don't think I said anything about caudling criminals. I believe in due process, (*cough* KMG) not shooting everyone who does me wrong. I hope your comment wasn't specifically directed at me Dave, as I usually post very positive, respectful things to you. As for the comment claiming I have depth of understanding of the mind of a crack head, that's a pretty offensive comment and uncalled for. I have this skill, it's called objective thinking. You should give it a whirl sometime.

I also didn't come in here insulting anyone and actually said I support your decisions to carry arms (skulls), so I'm not sure why anything needed to be escalated to personal insults. I don't need to start a new thread because I honestly don't care enough. It's not something that I have a strong opinion on. My purpose in life is to add depth of understanding to the world around me. Apologies for ruffling feathers.

I came here and asked a question to try to further my understanding of how someone could make a rational decision to carry a gun around in public. I am realizing there isn't going to be an objective, rational, statistically backed response to that question. I have a feeling the personal insults are stemming from a lack of ability to provide one.

I told you in my first post that I wasn't going to try to have a debate about gun control. I just wanted to hear the reasoning for the decision for concealed carry in public. A few of you provided an answer and I thank you for your time in doing so. A few others have embarrassed yourselves thoroughly. I actually thank you as well for that.

I'll let you guys get back to talking about the specs of your man-toys. Since there was some rudeness out of left field, sleep on this one:

It is statistical FACT that your children's safety is compromised by your decision to keep guns under their roof. Next time you buy them a Happy Meal with a gun in the car, don't ask yourself which one might be bad for your kid, ask yourself which one is worse.
  • 02-12-2013, 09:29 PM
    sho220
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MrLang View Post
    It is statistical FACT that your children's safety is compromised by your decision to keep guns under their roof.

Due to irresponsible ownership. Yeah, guns can be dangerous, if you're irresponsible. So can dogs, if you're irresponsible. So can really big snakes, if you're irresponsible. So are motorcycles, if you're irresponsible. Do we see a theme emerging here? :D Living in a bubble is not living. Do what you can to reduce the risks and get on with life...
  • 02-12-2013, 09:35 PM
    Rob
    I don't let what other people do or believe effect me. If you want to carry a gun, go for it. If you don't that's cool too. I bring that way of thinking with me to most things in life. I personally don't believe in god, but if you do I'm not going to judge you and I don't expect you to judge me. If someone wants to eat fast food everyday and sit on their butt, good for them. It doesn't effect me.
    Live YOUR life :)
  • 02-12-2013, 09:45 PM
    KMG
    So I wasn't supposed to be offended by you making a comment about a psych test and being weeded out?

I was just saying that it is my right, cop or not, to carry and protect myself. Under the definition of a robbery fear or threat of harm has to be present. If that is the case I will end the situation and them. Due process? You don't know the difference between a pickpocket and a robber but I'm to believe you know about due process.

I'm a sheepdog your a sheep. I'm fine with that. Do us all a favor though and get a tshirt that says "Please don't protect me because 90+% of the time I'll survive." I think even a .01% chance of a good citizen being hurt in any way is enough reason to act and bring the violence back on the dirtbag that started the situation in the first place Without the dirtbag to start trouble there is no trouble.I have never once heard a victim say "its ok officer, I asked to be robbed."

Maybe after your a victim you will feel different. The way things are going we may not have long to see.
  • 02-12-2013, 09:50 PM
    OsirisRa32
    Meh...if we used the death penalty more often maybe there wouldnt be so many criminals.....

/stirringthepot