Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,257

4 members and 2,253 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,405
Threads: 248,766
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Miramiraonthewa11
  • 11-30-2018, 01:52 AM
    richardhind1972
    Re: Phantom: Super Ghost BCI Progression Thread
    It’s still happened a couple of times when I’ve not been quick enough because they have come out so fast from behind a branch or a there hide in full on food mode and missed judged it, it’s normally been my thumb.
    A six foot 10yr old boa bleeds a bit than a juvenile boa, I turn the light off once they proper coiled

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
  • 12-01-2018, 01:10 PM
    ckuhn003
    I took a picture today of Phantom’s eyes because I have a hunch a shed might be coming on. They look a little cloudy to me. Curious if the eyes look that way to more experienced Boa owners. He’s only shed for me once and I missed the signs. Also, as I outlined earlier, his food response a couple days ago was non existent even though he ended up eating.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ceb0f2a335.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 12-01-2018, 01:18 PM
    dakski
    Looks a little cloudy to me. When did he shed last? Have you had him out lately? Did his belly look a little red? Does it now? That tends to happen before the eyes cloud over.

They can get less aggressive at food time when going into shed, but still eat. Feliz did that.
  • 12-01-2018, 01:26 PM
    ckuhn003
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dakski View Post
    Looks a little cloudy to me. When did he shed last? Have you had him out lately? Did his belly look a little red? Does it now? That tends to happen before the eyes cloud over.

They can get less aggressive at food time when going into shed, but still eat. Feliz did that.

Thanks Dakski. Oct 2nd was his last shed (1st for me). I thought is eyes looked cloudy and when I approached his head for tap training he barely flinched so maybe they are a little clouded. The last time I had him out was 4 days ago (ate 3 days ago) and I didn't want to pick him up today since he might be in shed.
  • 12-01-2018, 01:41 PM
    richardhind1972
    Definitely going into shed there,I notice the greyer boas get a blue tinge to there bellies as they going into shed , my IMG does to but my albino ones get a link belly as Dave said
    Most boas tend to go into shed 6-8 weeks

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk
  • 12-01-2018, 01:50 PM
    ckuhn003
    Quote:

Originally Posted by richardhind1972 View Post
    Definitely going into shed there,I notice the greyer boas get a blue tinge to there bellies as they going into shed , my IMG does to but my albino ones get a link belly as Dave said
    Most boas tend to go into shed 6-8 weeks

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk

Thanks Richard. Good to know and makes me feel better about the lack of feeding response. I'll make sure to increase the humidity to help matters.
  • 12-01-2018, 02:14 PM
    dakski
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ckuhn003 View Post
    Thanks Richard. Good to know and makes me feel better about the lack of feeding response. I'll make sure to increase the humidity to help matters.

Correct to increase humidity, but after the eyes clear.

60-70% normal humidity for my Boas and then 70-80% when the eyes clear and shed is imminent.
  • 12-01-2018, 05:38 PM
    Zincubus
    Quote:

I spray the vivs most days then spray well every day when they go in shed then as soon as the eyes clear I up the spraying to two or three times daily..

Perfect shed every single time !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • 12-01-2018, 05:40 PM
    richardhind1972
    That’s what I do with my boas soon as I see the first sign increase the humidity by misting with tepid water

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
  • 12-01-2018, 07:26 PM
    WhompingWillow
    Quote:

I took a picture today of Phantom’s eyes because I have a hunch a shed might be coming on. They look a little cloudy to me. Curious if the eyes look that way to more experienced Boa owners. He’s only shed for me once and I missed the signs. Also, as I outlined earlier, his food response a couple days ago was non existent even though he ended up eating.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ceb0f2a335.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for posting this and for everyone's subsequent replies. Our BCL's eyes looked like this last night, so it's good to know I wasn't wrong when I thought her eyes looked a bit different than usual. Will be bumping up humidity for the anticapted shed.

Sent from my H3123 using Tapatalk