Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,456

3 members and 2,453 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,392
Threads: 248,760
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, ball-o-rama
  • 07-16-2009, 06:41 PM
    jglass38
    Re: Sellers, take care Kristy1277
    Quote:

Originally Posted by max123 View Post
    Boohoo. She bought them fair and square as poss gravid one lays and you want the egg. You shouldn't have sold them if you wanted the eggs. No one did anything wrong, except you making this thread.

I don't think the boohoo part is really necessary.
  • 07-16-2009, 06:43 PM
    wolfy-hound
    You know.. my opinion doesn't change after reading the emails. The seller is not justified in feeling wounded, just because someone didn't choose to give a egg back when they bought a possibly gravid snake.

If you knew it was a "remote possibility", why didn't you ask when you sold her "Hey, IF she lays eggs, could I have one of the hatchlings?", if it is such a huge deal to have an offspring?

At any rate, not only are you not entitled to the egg, you weren't taken advantage of in any way. You CHOSE to sell her the snakes, the racks, the rats, the stat, at the prices she paid you. She didn't hold a gun to your head and steal stuff. Asking for a discount doesn't mean you automatically get one.

Both of you sound rather childish. The seller sounds childishly whiney because you're pouting when you weren't given something you wanted, even though you weren't entitled to it in any way. Saying that "I did nice things for you!" sounds like you need to stomp your feet as your next tactic. I guess posting a "She's a big meanie and no one should be nice to her!" thread is the equivalent to stomping your feet.

The buyer sounds childish because she immediately decided to say the seller was a horrible keeper, and make slams against her husbandry and animals, making herself sound like she needed to 'rescue' both the animals she bought and the egg she will not give up, from heartless conditions. If the animals were in deplorable shape, and kept in filthy conditions, why would you bother to keep going back to buy more things/animals? Why would you also send animals back, because they were thin(your friend, not you)? You then whine that you'll have to care for a hatchling(possibily), WHILE saying you bought a possibly gravid snake to begin with!

I think both of you need to just let the whole thing go, and realize that you both have a lot of maturing to do when it comes to interacting with other people.
  • 07-16-2009, 06:51 PM
    jglass38
    This is a no win situation. From all appearances and the telling of both sides it seems there is one person, Jessica, who got in over her head, possibly wasn't giving her animals the best care she could, and got emotional (right or wrong) about a transaction she was unhappy with. Kris, doesn't appear to have done anything wrong as a buyer but from what I can tell nickeled and dimed a touch much and in general those types of people rub me the wrong way. The fact is, everyone is out to get the best deal possible. There's a way to go about it and a way not to. Regardless of the hard feelings and the argument of whether or not Jessica should have sold the snake if she had even an inkling that it might be gravid, it would have been nice of Kris to at least offer to sell her the animal if it hatches. Calvin Coolidge once said: "The right thing to do never requires any subterfuge, it is always simple and direct."
  • 07-16-2009, 07:16 PM
    mooingtricycle
    Morphie, you are owed nothing. Nadda. Zip. and you darn well know it.

you SOLD those animals. You selling them, means you have ZERO right to them any longer. You can stamp your feet and cry till the cows come home, but you know what, what i see here is an angry childish person who didnt get her way.

Thats not too astonishing to me though, given your attitude in the past.
  • 07-16-2009, 07:17 PM
    RichsBallPythons
    WOW is all i can say. No reason for such a long thread. Should of kept this entire ordeal locally in person or in emails.

I deal with many ppl who buy from me and later on that week i see the same snake up for sale. It sucks but its business once cash is involved, and beyond my control.

Take it for what it is and leave it be and move on.
  • 07-16-2009, 07:48 PM
    sho220
    QUOTE=flameethrower;1104875]WOW is all i can say. No reason for such a long thread. Should of kept this entire ordeal locally in person or in emails.

I deal with many ppl who buy from me and later on that week i see the same snake up for sale. It sucks but its business once cash is involved, and beyond my control.

Take it for what it is and leave it be and move on.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to be off topic...but your post has me confused. Unless your sig is out of date I don't see how you're selling to "many ppl"??? A pair of corns and a few balls...:confused:

Anywho...back to the original topic...
  • 07-16-2009, 07:50 PM
    RichsBallPythons
    My sig has nothing to do with selling all the time. Since when does a person have to list everything they own in their sig.
  • 07-16-2009, 08:05 PM
    Morphie
    Those of you who have a need to suggest I'm throwing some kind of tantrum are being systematically ignored because you lack the patience and wherewithall to give my position the benefit of the doubt (consider the favor returned). I stated my position and accepted my responsibility in the matter. I did so rather soberly considering my upset.

There was an imbalance in charity, and me being a pushover allowed for it to hurt me. I posted to warn fellow nice-guys, that's all. This is not a ploy to get the egg, or any other such nonsense. I declared that matter solved before I ever posted here.

If **Kris** has any further questions, she may contact me in this thread or through this site.

As for everyone else, you all have your well-deserved opinions. I welcome you to them.
  • 07-16-2009, 08:59 PM
    wilomn
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tonkatoyman View Post
    The calluses I wear from being well so ass urtive in my oppinions in the past will shield me from any blisters in the future. LOL

Much as the blinders on a carthorse keep him from seeing the world around him. Comfort is had in both cases and in both cases neither the horse nor the toyman know what it is they are not seeing, remaining blissfully ignorant yet happily toiling away, using brute strength instead of brain strength which, given the nature of cart horses and ASS urtive oPPinionated toymen, is not surprising at all.
  • 07-16-2009, 09:33 PM
    blackcrystal22
    Personally, Jessica, I think you have the right just as anyone else to post your opinion about someone you have done business with. That's what an Inquiry's all about.

IMO, Morphie didn't really seem to be throwing a temper tantrum quite as much as Kristi did. Though Jessica's accusations were instantaneous and out of emotion I wouldn't want to work with someone who runs around my house pouting about a water bottle with her friend. Sounds like 5th grade actions to me.

The fact that Kristi immediately decided to accuse Jessica of many extremely high accusations within her first post tells me she is the one having more of an unintelligent 'temper-tantrum' here.
    There is a wide range of maturity between the two posts of the main players in this game. For the most part, I'm appreciating and trusting Morphie more. Of course she has no right to the egg, but I don't think that's what this thread is all about anymore.

Also, snakes can 'mess' their enclosures in less than 3 seconds. It's called urination and can happen unnoticed within a few moments. Especially if she has to house more than one snake in a cage temporarily.
    I've had people over to look at my collection and found a tipped over water bowl or a fresh poop. Do they judge me? Nope, because it could've been clean just a bit earlier.