Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,007

0 members and 3,007 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,408
Threads: 248,770
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, WheezyS

Welcome Medusa

Printable View

• 03-07-2022, 07:27 PM
    Kam
    Re: Welcome Medusa
    Sooooo I don’t know if I mentioned it, but Medusa had been on a hunger fast since October of last year. I was starting to worried, which is why I started handling her to make sure she was still ok.

Well I am happy to report that she along with Melikhi ate on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 04-13-2022, 07:33 PM
    Kam
    Soooooooo someone showed signs of hunger. Got her some food. And she didn’t eat. Next week I will try live. Which should be fun.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...f56acc7519.dng

• 04-14-2022, 08:56 AM
    AutumnVanilla
    She's pretty! I have a picky one that wants a heartbeat, shes almost big enough we can try to wait her out to switch her to F/T, but I want her up to 500g first. Hopefully she eats for you soon!
  • 04-14-2022, 05:33 PM
    Spicey
    They'll drive us crazy if they can! Spotticus (KSB) was also on a long fast - last ate on November 6 and I thought he should be eating after he lost 20 grams but he didn't think so. I finally got him to take a rat pink on Saturday. :weirdface
  • 04-14-2022, 07:33 PM
    Bogertophis
    Some snakes can be sooooo frustrating! :frustrate And "most" of the time, they're okay, but it's worrying about that small percentage that aren't, and not knowing for sure which is which, that drive us crazy. :rolleyes: Be strong, everyone.
  • 04-28-2022, 01:50 AM
    Kam
    As promised, earlier today, I went and got everyone some din din. Which has been an obstacle because I had a TLIF on 3/14 and recovery had been slow and steady. But instead of a small prekilled rat, I got her the largest weaned live rat they had. Welp 27 seconds in the enclosure, Stuart little was no more. She even slid it in her favorite hide to eat it.

Around 10:30pm CST, I was looking for something in the shelf where her home is. Guess who slid out like, you rang? Well ma’am if you wouldn’t go off food you wouldn’t be acting like you are starving. But I digress. I am elated she actually ate today.

• 04-28-2022, 02:19 AM
    Bogertophis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kam View Post
    As promised, earlier today, I went and got everyone some din din. Which has been an obstacle because I had a TLIF on 3/14 and recovery had been slow and steady. But instead of a small prekilled rat, I got her the largest weaned live rat they had. Welp 27 seconds in the enclosure, Stuart little was no more. She even slid it in her favorite hide to eat it.

Around 10:30pm CST, I was looking for something in the shelf where her home is. Guess who slid out like, you rang? Well ma’am if you wouldn’t go off food you wouldn’t be acting like you are starving. But I digress. I am elated she actually ate today.

:dance: Way to go- no more fast, & all the best with your recovery (TLIF) too- (whatever you do, don't copy that emoji-!) ;)
  • 04-28-2022, 02:31 AM
    Kam
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    :dance: Way to go- no more fast, & all the best with your recovery (TLIF) too- (whatever you do, don't copy that emoji-!) ;)

Thank you!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • 05-02-2022, 09:05 PM
    Kam
  • 05-02-2022, 09:27 PM
    Bogertophis
    I think it's very clear that some snakes, even without mirrors anywhere in their habitats, just KNOW they're so pretty & so special that they can just get away with ANY-thing! :rofl:

And why do you think they're always sticking their tongues out at us anyway? Oh sure, supposedly they're "tasting the air" & all that...but maybe they've just been sassing us all along? :rolleyes: LOL (I think I'd forgive her anyway though- ;) )