Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,040

0 members and 2,040 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,179
Threads: 248,609
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, ReptiFreak
  • 04-21-2014, 11:43 PM
    jsmorphs2
    Best Websites to Advertize on?
    Which sites generate the best sales for you?
  • 04-21-2014, 11:51 PM
    Ridinandreptiles
    Kingsnake and Craigslist but CL requires pre-screening so I don't sell to meth addicts and weirdos.
  • 04-22-2014, 12:07 AM
    jsmorphs2
    Re: Best Websites to Advertize on?
    Haha, I'm not going to lie, CL kind of scares me with the whole parking lot meet up thing. But it's nice to sell snakes locally.
  • 04-22-2014, 03:25 AM
    wendhend
    A kingsnake.com classified account is well worth the money you pay for it if you anticipate having lots of animals to sell.
  • 04-22-2014, 08:42 AM
    JLC
    You should check out The Marketplace too. It's still new, but I truly believe it's going to be the best way to market reptiles for the foreseeable future.
  • 04-22-2014, 11:28 AM
    FireStorm
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JLC View Post
    You should check out The Marketplace too. It's still new, but I truly believe it's going to be the best way to market reptiles for the foreseeable future.

I agree...I really like the layout. I think they are doing a great job. Of course, I'm a little biased...I participated in the preload. But, it is actually pretty economical, especially if you ship through SYR. You can link your accounts so you get advertising tokens for every shipment.
  • 04-22-2014, 12:01 PM
    jsmorphs2
    ^ That's pretty cool! I love using SYR. I'll definitely look into it.

Thanks for all the input. I am limited with my time and it's good to know which sites would give us the most bang for our buck. We got a trial store front on Clutchbreeder.com. I haven't had the time to really get into it but it was a neat concept.
  • 04-22-2014, 01:03 PM
    John1982
    The layout at http://marketplace.thereptilereport.com/ is great, tying into SYR for bonus tokens is awesome but my favorite feature would have to be the tokens - they never expire! This is great for folks who don't breed a whole lot of animals, like me. If you breed maybe 3-4 species and get just 1-2 clutches from each, paying for a yearly or even monthly subscription can eat a hole in your pocket. I like that you can buy a bunch of tokens and use them at your leisure over the years. I think it's a great format that really helps smaller breeders without hindering any of the larger ones.
  • 04-22-2014, 01:54 PM
    Stewart_Reptiles
    In order

Kingsnake.com
    Fauna Classifieds
    BP.net far behind

And I will see in a year where the Market Place stands as far as my sales go.
  • 04-22-2014, 07:31 PM
    Robyn@SYR
    Quote:

Originally Posted by John1982 View Post
    The layout at http://marketplace.thereptilereport.com/ is great, tying into SYR for bonus tokens is awesome but my favorite feature would have to be the tokens - they never expire! This is great for folks who don't breed a whole lot of animals, like me. If you breed maybe 3-4 species and get just 1-2 clutches from each, paying for a yearly or even monthly subscription can eat a hole in your pocket. I like that you can buy a bunch of tokens and use them at your leisure over the years. I think it's a great format that really helps smaller breeders without hindering any of the larger ones.

You nailed our intent with the tokens exactly John : )

No paid accounts to renew or expire. Buy 1000 tokens, place 50 ads this year, 3 ads next year, 120 ads in 2016, and you can still have tokens left in 2017.