I keep seeing frozen quail for sale along with the rodents. Are ball pythons capable of eating them? If so --are they sufficient nutrition?
Curiously,
Mia
05-20-2004, 09:31 PM
Marla
Supposedly feeding poultry results in extra-stinky p00, but if the size is right and the snake's inclined, they should be perfectly capable of eating quail. You should be able to find nutritional info on quail online -- I know you can for rats, and then you can compare them. Check specifically for protein and calcium in particular.
05-20-2004, 09:57 PM
gozetec02
MMMMmmm even i eat quail every now and then. And it don't make my poo stink. Well, not too bad. LOL
05-20-2004, 10:03 PM
sophie42204
Jojo Chilin'
all I can say is EEEWWWWW!!
05-21-2004, 08:53 AM
Smulkin
Yep sure are - there are a few species that can be real picky problem eaters. It's not a panacea but quail is sometimes key in getting them to eat and sometimes a gateway food item that can help transition from fowl to rodent. That having been said I have never used it myself so the caveat is my info is hearsay.