Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,903

0 members and 1,903 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,162
Threads: 248,599
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Csr112

Cat food

Printable View

• 06-02-2009, 10:49 AM
    Animalmaster13
    Cat food
    Hey me again!I was wondering about feeding my first new cat!What kind of food. Wet dry or semi wet. I 've never ever had a cat before so... Could one of you post a picture of the stuff you feed your cat every day. Do you just scoop out the stuff and feed them every day. Or do you switch to different things each day. Do cats just need their (bowl) can of cat food every day or???

please reply to this....
  • 06-02-2009, 11:00 AM
    Spaniard
    Re: Cat food
    I've recently changed up my cats diet to a combination of these two foods.

http://www.evopet.com

http://www.naturesvariety.com/

They're great low carb, no wheat or gluten foods that are very healthy for your cat. Not sure if you have a kitten or an adult cat but for adults I would definitely recommend the 2 foods above. I feed both dry and wet food.
  • 06-02-2009, 11:20 AM
    Conundrum
    My best recommendation on food is either Innova Evo or Wellness Core. These are both grain free, high protein, closest to their natural diet as you can get. I have always fed my cats dry, and used canned as an occasional treat (the Evo has a canned formula, but I have not seen one for the Core). I fed these to my boys for several years (first the evo when it first came out, and switched to the core when it came out; they *may* have liked the core better, but never tried switching back).
  • 06-02-2009, 11:24 AM
    frankykeno
    I just feed the cats a good quality dry cat kibble from my local grocery store. They get the occasional treat of wet (canned) food about once a week or so. They get the occasional treat of a bit of cooked chicken or steak from the table too.

I fill the food dish in the morning and in the evening so they can just snack on their kibble as they like. Of course with a Labrador Retreiver in the house sometimes the filling of the cat bowl is done more often when a certain sneaky dog slips in and steals their food. :rolleyes:
  • 06-04-2009, 12:28 AM
    BuddhaLuv
    I work at a vet and the biggest problem we see in cats is that their owners overfeed them! That then creates diabetes etc... So my biggest recommendation would be to stick with a measured amount of food each day (wet/dry/or both) and do not free feed them all day. Our little guy gets 1/4 a can twice a day and literally just enough dry to cover the bottom of his dish. We have to feed Science Diet W/D because of some stomach issues due to his FIV. I would just recommend that you get a good quality food and measure it:D

He is the first and only cat my husband and I have ever owned. I can remember trying to figure out how they know to use the litter box and fun things like that LOL. Good luck with your kitty!
  • 06-04-2009, 08:33 AM
    TheOtherLeadingBrand
    Cats require high protein food. I would never feed a cat grocery store food, personally, as most if not all such products contain fillers like corn and wheat which are useless to cats. I also feel strongly that cats should get SOME moisture rich food, and they tend to enjoy a source of moving water to drink from, too.
  • 06-04-2009, 09:27 AM
    Shadera
    I feed Vincent Wellness Indoor Health. He also likes their pouch foods, which are gluten free.
  • 06-04-2009, 10:18 AM
    casperca
    I feed a combination of Innova Evo dry and Evo, Wellness, or Instinct grain-free wet daily. My kitty does very well on it and sheds minimally.
  • 06-04-2009, 11:33 AM
    jglass38
    My cats get Wellness dry.
  • 06-05-2009, 06:15 PM
    littleindiangirl
    My cat gets Innove evo, and Innova wet. He is a few months over a year old and eats barely a 1/3 cup a day. He is in fantastic shape, beautiful fur, high energy, I can't believe I ever bought anything less!