Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,444

2 members and 2,442 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,146
Threads: 248,588
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Strider21

Itchin...

Printable View

• 06-17-2004, 02:47 AM
    Wizill
    for another bp!! :)

found this little girl at alex hue and inquired...

http://alexhuereptiles.com/Pythons/pythons/bpf28.JPG
    (if the image doesnt work, she's ID BPF-28 here... http://alexhuereptiles.com/Pythons/Balls.html )

If things go as planned, she'll be here by next friday.
  • 06-17-2004, 04:15 AM
    Eddie_Z
    Will, she is a beaut! Lemme know how things go for ya!
  • 06-17-2004, 04:43 AM
    BigKenjDogg
    Beautiful Ball. Congrats! Here's my question though and I've asked this before, but no one has given me a clear answer. Captive bred BPs are recommended over Captive hatched/farmed. Why is that? Does a captive hatched BP have a different temperment than a captive bred BP? Thanks
  • 06-17-2004, 05:02 AM
    iceman25
    Congrats on the new addition!
  • 06-17-2004, 08:17 AM
    First_time_herp
    Congrats! I'm getting my bp from alexhuereptiles.com also.
  • 06-17-2004, 09:08 AM
    JLC
    Sweet!!
  • 06-17-2004, 09:39 AM
    gen
    Awesome, she's lovely! I was looking at his website too, it is very tempting.
  • 06-17-2004, 09:50 AM
    Smynx
    She's adorable, Will. The pattern on the bottom half of her body is almost perfectly symmetrical.
  • 06-17-2004, 12:30 PM
    Eddie_Z
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BigKenjDogg
    Captive bred BPs are recommended over Captive hatched/farmed. Why is that? Does a captive hatched BP have a different temperment than a captive bred BP? Thanks

I am not a true expert on these matters, but from what I gathered, here is what you are lookin at:

Captive Bred BP's were bred in captivity from two BP's who are already in captivity. Captive hatched are from eggs that were caught in the wild & hatched in captivity. Now I am not certain whether or not the temperment is different. I suppose that it COULD have some sort of effect the further from wild living the strand goes. I think though, that the main point is to get captive bred over captive hatched because as a community, we want to decrease the number of snakes, & their eggs, that are taken from the wild. At this point we already have plenty of BP's, Burms, BCI's, etc in captivity. We really don't need to take anymore out of their natural environment. By purchasing captive hatched & wild caught snakes, we are encouraging the practice of removing more from the wild. If you buy captive bred, you are only buying from snakes that are already in captivity & thusly not effecting the numbers in the wild.

Again, I am not by any means an expert, but through my own deductive reasoning, that was what I was able to come up with.
  • 06-17-2004, 12:30 PM
    Eddie_Z
    PS: Don't mean to hijack your thread Will! ;)