Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,546

0 members and 2,546 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,172
Threads: 248,602
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Ro55y5

Humidity

Printable View

• 01-14-2013, 08:33 PM
    Derekroth91
    Humidity
    What can I use to control humidity in my room? Like to have it raise if its too low and lower it if too high? What would i need to buy? I've found some things but what would like any and all recommendation
  • 01-14-2013, 08:38 PM
    The Serpent Merchant
    I don't think that I've seen an all on one unit, but the combination of a warm mist humidifier, and a herpstat 1 with the humidity probe would do the trick. I don't see any reason to get anything to lower the humidity in the room.

Honestly though it will probably be easier to regulate humidity cage by cage vs the entire room.
  • 01-14-2013, 09:21 PM
    snakesRkewl
    Humidity is controlled inside the enclosure, not in the room.
    You can add room humidity but if the set up you have the snake in leaks a lot then your still going to be fighting humidity issues.
  • 01-14-2013, 09:38 PM
    Derekroth91
    Quote:

Originally Posted by The Serpent Merchant View Post
    I Honestly though it will probably be easier to regulate humidity cage by cage vs the entire room.

My first thought but my four balls are all in mesh top cages and I have to constantly mist and check humidity and then constantly wetting towels to put over and then re wetting them and then washing them (so the towel isn't a breeding ground for bacteria) is getting quite annoying!
  • 01-14-2013, 09:47 PM
    The Serpent Merchant
    Something like this might interest you. It is a cage misting system. It can be used with a timer or with a herpstat 1/herpstat humidity probe for more advanced control. You buy as many misting heads as you need for all of your cages, and they all hook up to a central pump/water tank.

http://www.mistking.com

http://www.reptilebasics.com/misting-systems
  • 01-14-2013, 10:46 PM
    Derekroth91
    Thanks! This is better than what I was looking for