Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,139

1 members and 1,138 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,158
Threads: 248,599
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Brayden0924
  • 02-10-2014, 12:51 AM
    bandicoot4
    opinions/ options for another male
    today at the white plains expo i kinda got a kick in the ass to really want to start breeding. my next pickup would be a lemonblast female, and i would pair with my bumble bee. i would also pair my butter to my bee, but i want another male in the mix. My goal for the butter would be to pair with a lesser and try and get blue eyes lucys but i would like to have the lesser with one more gene and i dont know what i would want it to be. Any suggestions ?
  • 02-10-2014, 03:30 AM
    Pythonfriend
    maybe something with enchi or black pastel or fire? these genes are good codominant basic morphs that should work well with all the genes you have so far.

then, butter and lesser are the same morph (beyond reasonable doubt), and super lessers, super butters, and also the lesser butter sometimes have eye issues. its not that big of a deal because BPs dont really rely on their eyes all that much. but if the idea is to get around it by combining lesser and butter, that wont work. also, if you mix lesser and butter, you can never figure out what is what again, so you end up calling them all lessers. or butters. or lesser/butters.

what works in avoiding the issue is to go for lesser mojave. later on, its also nice to have mojave, because you can use it for mystic potion and purple passion. super mojaves are also nice, they are not completely white but have a grey head and a slight touch of grey throughout the body.

you might also want to look at sugar/calico. and, its a matter of taste, some dont like how adult bananas look like, i like them, yes they change a lot and the lavender colors go away and you get these black dots. but banana / coral glow are coming down in price so rapidly that if you do like them, a male may be in your price range.

if course a post like this must be incomplete, because there are so many options.
  • 02-10-2014, 08:52 AM
    bandicoot4
    Re: opinions/ options for another male
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Pythonfriend View Post
    maybe something with enchi or black pastel or fire? these genes are good codominant basic morphs that should work well with all the genes you have so far.

then, butter and lesser are the same morph (beyond reasonable doubt), and super lessers, super butters, and also the lesser butter sometimes have eye issues. its not that big of a deal because BPs dont really rely on their eyes all that much. but if the idea is to get around it by combining lesser and butter, that wont work. also, if you mix lesser and butter, you can never figure out what is what again, so you end up calling them all lessers. or butters. or lesser/butters.

what works in avoiding the issue is to go for lesser mojave. later on, its also nice to have mojave, because you can use it for mystic potion and purple passion. super mojaves are also nice, they are not completely white but have a grey head and a slight touch of grey throughout the body.

you might also want to look at sugar/calico. and, its a matter of taste, some dont like how adult bananas look like, i like them, yes they change a lot and the lavender colors go away and you get these black dots. but banana / coral glow are coming down in price so rapidly that if you do like them, a male may be in your price range.

if course a post like this must be incomplete, because there are so many options.

the banana is always in the back of my mind, it will probably be the last purchace i would make for this year, a nice xmas present to myself :) but i was also thinking a fire i know they tend to clean up patters. Im going to play around with the genetic wizard and see what would look nice. Since this would be my first time breeding i would just be happy with healthy eggs. I like the idea of the leser mojave tho, i have always been a fan of mystic potions so this could be a good year thank you !
  • 02-10-2014, 08:57 AM
    brock lesser
    I would get another female.
    Lemon blast is nice and you plan on that so next get a female firefly ( fire, pastel ).
    When your other girls are ready get a male pastave ( pastel, mojave ) for your butter.
    Lesser X butter can have eye issues so avoid that pairing.
    You have a strong 2 gene male now so build an army of females then slowly
    add males.
    Just my .02 cents.
  • 02-19-2014, 11:03 PM
    JMinILM
    Yeah, I would add another female or two. Having a nice diverse group of females will give you a lot of options in the future.