Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,958

1 members and 2,957 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Jcd5v (28)

» Stats

Members: 75,178
Threads: 248,609
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, turntechgodhead

Big Boy!

Printable View

• 05-25-2006, 10:21 AM
    MedusasOwl
    Big Boy!
    Before I attempt to catch some Zzs, I wanted to share that Neptune just shed again! We measured it from the tip of his nose to the tip of his tail, and he's about 8 feet 5 inches ... wow! I think I need to update the caresheet again already...
  • 05-25-2006, 10:40 AM
    xdeus
    Re: Big Boy!
    That's great! It's always nice to get a perfect shed. FYI, sheds tend to be longer than the snake, but 8'5" is nothing to sneeze at. I didn't realize they got that big.
  • 05-25-2006, 10:53 AM
    JLC
    That's amazing!! It just goes to show how easy it is to underestimate the length of a snake...especially the slender ones because they tend to spend their whole lives all looped up as opposed to a big fat burm which seem to enjoy stretching out more.
  • 05-25-2006, 11:24 AM
    cassandra
    I don't know about anyone else, but I require pictures. /nod ;)
  • 05-25-2006, 11:27 AM
    Melicious
    I definitely concur. We need pictures...
  • 05-25-2006, 02:08 PM
    4theSNAKElady
    Yeah, I don't mean to rain on your parade either Shere, but sheds are som much stretchier and usually are longer than the snake. Seems like he's pretty big though!!!! I can't wait....LRS can get 6-7 feet!!!!
  • 05-25-2006, 08:40 PM
    MedusasOwl
    My parade is not rained upon, it's just the closest I think I'll ever get to knowing how long he is. ;) He's definitely much longer than I am tall, and I'm about 5'7, so I'd say at least 8ft 3lbs of angry Neptune, lol.

I just downloaded one of those snake measuring programs, but I think it'll be a cold day in Hades before we can get a nice clear aerial shot of Neptune for it to work. *maybe* we can get one of Ma-tsu, but she's kind of everywhere too, lol! But hope springs eternal!

I wish the pics did Neptune's coloration justice though... right after he sheds, wow! What a handsome brat! Teal down his back, bright white along his sides... just wow. :) I'll need Karen's help to try and get length pics of the shed and perhaps him too so it'll be a little while, but I'll try! I love Beauty sheds... I wonder if I could hang this one up somewhere...
  • 05-25-2006, 09:13 PM
    Blu Mongoose
    We'll be waiting on those pics!!:D
  • 06-01-2006, 09:12 AM
    4theSNAKElady
    I don't knwo if it'll work for you sheree, but when I measure my LRs, I put em on the floor right next to the base board, and they kinda just "shimmy-slide" up against it....i bust out the measurin tape and get a quick measurement when they are all stretched out...I may be off by an inch or two, but that's as accurate as I can get. it works for my BPs too.