Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,317

1 members and 2,316 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,179
Threads: 248,609
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, ReptiFreak

Bioshock 2

Printable View

• 02-21-2010, 09:25 PM
    Elise.m
    Bioshock 2
    I'm surprised there hasn't been a thread on this already!

I just picked it up today and have only been playing it for about an hour. I hate the new control settings, and I changed them to the way Bioshock 1 had it set up. But now I'm having trouble hacking, seems like it doesn't recognize my new controls when I'm hacking... Bummer!

Anyone else been playing it? What do you think?
  • 02-22-2010, 12:35 AM
    tRiP
    Re: Bioshock 2
    Will eventually give it a whirl. Modern Warfare 2 sucks up all my gaming time. Just getting around to playing the newest batman game.
  • 02-22-2010, 05:05 PM
    orphan
    I've been meaning to pick it up. I was late to the party and just picked bioshock 1 up for PC a few months ago. I loved that game. How does the second one compare to the first? Are you playing it on PC or x-box?
  • 02-22-2010, 05:18 PM
    Kaorte
    I pre-ordered it on steam but I haven't finished the first one yet so I haven't played it yet :/
  • 02-22-2010, 05:30 PM
    DADDYDARKNESS1
    I havent tried it yet , ive been playing dante's inferno (great game)
  • 02-22-2010, 08:59 PM
    Elise.m
    Quote:

Originally Posted by orphan View Post
    I've been meaning to pick it up. I was late to the party and just picked bioshock 1 up for PC a few months ago. I loved that game. How does the second one compare to the first? Are you playing it on PC or x-box?

I'm playing it on the PC. We only have a regular Xbox so we don't play many FPS games on the console, lol.

I just finished the first one last weekend. So far, I've only played about 1-2 hours of it, it's pretty difficult compared to the first one! I beat the first one on easy since it was my first FPS and have Bioshock 2 on easy as well. The big sisters and big daddies are noticeably harder. And the controls are taking a while to get used to. I don't like pressing ctrl for first aid, and I might try changing it again. Maybe it'll work this time.

The graphics are much better too. And the music is more suspenseful.
  • 02-23-2010, 09:47 AM
    piper
    I played the first one and after about 8 hours of playing it, I got completely and utterly lost, had 4 big daddies walking around and a bunch of enemies as well, basically was to a point where I couldn't do anything. I sold it. The big daddies in the first one, I found way more difficult compared to this one. Died a lot more in the first one.

Have the second one now for ps3 and I enjoy it, the big sisters aren't too bad, I've played many fps games though.. Have only actually died twice in 3 or 4 hours of playtime compared to the hundred or so from the first one lol.

I like the second one better, just my opinion though!
  • 02-23-2010, 10:20 AM
    olstyn
    Man, I have a backlog of games to play before I get to BS2 (definitely the PC version - I just can't do FPS games on a console controller), but I've been anticipating it bigtime - I absolutely loved the first one. Graphically pretty, creepy/scary/weird/funny, decent story, hard enough to be challenging without being so hard that I'd want to quit, that game was awesome. Easily the best FPS I've played in a long time. I'm actually somewhat scared to play BS2 because the first one was so good that I'm expecting to be disappointed by the sequel.
  • 02-23-2010, 10:43 AM
    Samuel
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaorte View Post
    I pre-ordered it on steam but I haven't finished the first one yet so I haven't played it yet :/

I officially need your Steam ID.

Mine is Blocatan.

Add me .. now.
  • 02-23-2010, 05:22 PM
    Snakeman
    i have a PS3 and have had bioshock 1 for like a year and a half and is a GREAT game but dont have any money to buy the second one. i started another file the other day and unfortunately the game glitched towards the end so all that work was for nothing -.-