Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,877

2 members and 2,875 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,204
Threads: 248,615
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, madballreptiles

I'm OLD!

Printable View

• 07-27-2018, 11:11 AM
    skydnay
    I'm OLD!
    Okay, I know, not really.

But I'm turning 25 next Tuesday (July 31). Weird! A whole quarter of a century... That sounds like a lot when you word it that way. I'm certainly in a place I didn't think I would be in at this point in my life (married, working full time, living on my own, and owning TWO big dogs, fish, AND snakes and lizards!), so I's a weird feeling. I'm glad to be where I am. I'll be moving into a house shortly as well, so that's a lot to be thankful for. I also have a lot of things to worry about, but I suppose that's just life.

Anyway, I was just thinking about it, so I thought I'd make a post. :) I don't know what I'm going to be doing for my birthday yet, but it likely won't be much, since I have to go to work, ewww. Oh well.

Here's some famous July 31st birthdays for fun!
    - J.K. Rowling (and Harry Potter!)
    - Wesley Snipes
    - BJ Novak
    - Zelda Williams (Robin Williams's daughter!)
    - Lil Uzi Vert
  • 07-27-2018, 11:16 AM
    JodanOrNoDan
    It's great that you have it together at a relatively young age. There are many in your generation that don't. Keep it up, go to work every day, stay out of debt, and take pride in everything you do. The good will continue to come.
  • 07-27-2018, 11:18 AM
    ladywhipple02
    Re: I'm OLD!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JodanOrNoDan View Post
    stay out of debt

OMG, if you don't do anything else, do this! I wish I could go back and kick my own butt!
  • 07-27-2018, 11:26 AM
    JodanOrNoDan
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ladywhipple02 View Post
    OMG, if you don't do anything else, do this! I wish I could go back and kick my own butt!

Yup! I wised up at about 35 on that one. I do everything with cash. If I don't have the cash for it, I don't buy it. If you look at how much money that goes to interest it will make you ill.
  • 07-27-2018, 11:32 AM
    skydnay
    Quote:

It's great that you have it together at a relatively young age. There are many in your generation that don't. Keep it up, go to work every day, stay out of debt, and take pride in everything you do. The good will continue to come.

Thanks!! I'm honestly surprised sometimes at how well I have everything together. Sometimes it feel like everything is falling apart around me, haha! But when I take a step back, I realize that it's all come together pretty well.

Quote:

...stay out of debt...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladywhipple02 View Post

......... Um....... Well............ Funny story....
    That being said, I do have a handle on the debt I do have and it's not too bad. I should be able to pay it off fairly quickly. I use credit cards for nearly everything, but am good about using them like a would debit cards. Let's just say that I don't have the best relationship with my mother and she put me into a terrible financial situation that I am deal with relatively well. :rolleyes:
  • 07-27-2018, 11:50 AM
    hilabeans
    The best is still yet to come!! You got a whole lot of life and experience ahead of you.

Enjoy!
  • 07-27-2018, 11:57 AM
    skydnay
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hilabeans View Post
    The best is still yet to come!! You got a whole lot of life and experience ahead of you.

Enjoy!

Oh, boy, I sure hope so! :) Thanks~
  • 07-27-2018, 12:02 PM
    AbsoluteApril
    Quote:

Originally Posted by skydnay View Post
    Okay, I know, not really.

But I'm turning 25 next Tuesday (July 31). Weird! A whole quarter of a century... That sounds like a lot when you word it that way.

haha that's cute, I remember thinking that when I turned 25. so long ago...
    :)
    Happy early birthday!
  • 07-27-2018, 12:11 PM
    skydnay
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
    haha that's cute, I remember thinking that when I turned 25. so long ago...
    :)
    Happy early birthday!

Haha, thank you very much! :)
  • 07-27-2018, 12:17 PM
    Stewart_Reptiles
    It only get's better from here on out if you do it right. :gj: