Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 663

4 members and 659 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,204
Threads: 248,615
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, madballreptiles

Meet My First Snake!

Printable View

• 05-14-2016, 12:59 PM
    butterballpython
    Meet My First Snake!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...psmf0pbjdj.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...psp58iehrw.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...psswyiri5c.jpg

He doesn't have a name yet. Before he arrived last Thursday, I was thinking of calling him Severus Snake, but he's such a shy little guy, it doesn't seem to fit. Gentle Ben???

After visiting a snake fan and meeting some of his animals, I'd come home and spend the rest of the day looking at snakes on line and thinking about getting one. After the third time doing this, I saw this little guy on line. I really liked him, but kept looking because if I were to try breeding some time in the future, I'd probably want a fancier morph. Then it was back to his picture to admire him, and back and forth to other snakes numerous times. Then I noticed snakes disappearing off the seller's available page, so I grabbed my phone and placed a call to him even though it was late. I knew he was awake and working on his web site, and I didn't want this little butter guy to be sold to anyone else. I just liked him. He's my first snake, and I don't know if I'll get further into snakes. He may end up as a one and only pet snake for me. I've been into geckos for six years, and my biggest worry is the possibility of his seeing one of my collection as dinner.

The pictures were taken under white light.
  • 05-14-2016, 01:40 PM
    AerialArtist
    He's beautiful :) Butter is a great morph. I named my clown female Persephone(Greek goddess of the underworld) and it doesn't fit her either, lol. She's shy. A good name will come to you. Enjoy your new baby!
  • 05-14-2016, 01:49 PM
    butterballpython
    Thank you. And come to think of it, Severus did a lot of hiding out in his dark classroom. Maybe it does fit! :)
  • 05-15-2016, 09:23 AM
    se7en
    nice butter

and i doubt you'll have to worry about him eating a gecko

still, i wouldn't really have them hanging out together
  • 05-15-2016, 10:07 AM
    Reinz
    What a great start for your first snake, he's beautiful! For me, names just come to me when I'm not trying hard to think of one. A good name will present itself soon. :)
  • 05-16-2016, 12:54 PM
    Ax01
    :welcome:

congrats and welcome!

that's a beautiful BP. i really like is caramel brown blushing and colors. how about naming him Peanut? and then u have a Peanut Butter BP. :)
  • 05-16-2016, 01:50 PM
    Soord
    Re: Meet My First Snake!
    What a beautiful butter! As a butter guy myself the lighting on your pics and colors on your snake are phenomenal! I'm sure you both will be very happy

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  • 05-16-2016, 02:19 PM
    butterballpython
    Thank you. He is a nice looking guy. And that is an interesting idea for his name--will need to think about that one. :)
  • 05-16-2016, 02:46 PM
    JodanOrNoDan
    Very nice color on that guy. Wish they would eat geckos. I hate the smell of rats.