Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,162

4 members and 1,158 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Jcd5v (28)

» Stats

Members: 75,178
Threads: 248,608
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, turntechgodhead

New Baby!

Printable View

• 11-29-2009, 08:42 PM
    PolkaDotPenguin
    New Baby!
    So my husband brought me home an awesome new baby!
    It was a surprise and i had no clue that he was going to get him.
    Well he brought home this darling male pastel.
    Evidently this guy was selling them so that he could get a new guitar.
    My husband just wanted to check out the snake and then he would decide.
    Well him and my sister went to the guys house and their conditions were horrible!
    The guy had this pastel, and 2 normals.
    They had no heat source, and were living on soil.
    The pastel was housed in a tank with no lid, and no hide. Just a tiny water bowl. The 2 normals are housed together, no heat source, and just one hide.
    So the guy was asking $130 for the pastel but my husband talked him down to $50. He took my sister with him so she could check them out make sure they weren't sick, and no mites. His health seems totally normal, except for that he was freezing. He now has a nice warm bed, and seems to really like the warmth! I just cant stand people that cant take proper care of their animals!
    Poor thing! My sister is going back this week to get the 2 normals, and take them home and give them some loving they need! She said they were about a year old, and very skinny! I guess he was feeding all of them fuzzies!
    Now with my sisters snakes here, and my snakes we have a total of 9 snakes living in my house!!! :)
    Hopefully this little guy will get comfortable, and enjoy his new home!

Ohhh ya he needs a name! So if yall can think of one, let me know!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2588/...12a530371e.jpg
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2549/...58d8587f7b.jpg
  • 11-29-2009, 09:02 PM
    steveboos
    Re: New Baby!
    Holy crap, you know whats scary...I almost bought that same Pastel. I live in Charlotte and i saw that exact ad for $130, i didn't know the extent of how bad the conditions were. I just imagined the person knew what they were talking about since the price is about right, so much for that intial thought.
  • 11-29-2009, 09:05 PM
    PolkaDotPenguin
    Quote:

Originally Posted by steveboos View Post
    Holy crap, you know whats scary...I almost bought that same Pastel. I live in Charlotte and i saw that exact ad for $130, i didn't know the extent of how bad the conditions were. I just imagined the person knew what they were talking about since the price is about right, so much for that intial thought.

Yes yes yes! That guy just lives like 1min from me! Actually the owner of the snakes is like 14yrs old. Its his parents that was selling the snakes!
    When my husband went there the parents were talking all high and mighty about their son researches snakes all day and yadda yadda.....Ya but he knows nothing! Evidently nothing if he didn't even have a heat source for them!
  • 11-29-2009, 09:13 PM
    cerastesruber
    wow, poor balls :/
  • 11-29-2009, 09:37 PM
    BPelizabeth
    Oh he is beautiful!!! I am glad to hear your sister is going back to pick up the normals....poor babies!!

As far as the name...hmmmm...I will have to keep thinking on that.

Congrats on your new baby!!
  • 11-30-2009, 01:21 AM
    PolkaDotPenguin
    :) :) Thank you!

I have been thinking of a name all night....and nothing yet!
  • 11-30-2009, 01:41 AM
    Stalker Jesus
    He looks like a Buddha =D
  • 11-30-2009, 03:10 AM
    Moofins07
    Gorgeous save!

As for the name, maybe aim for something that doesn't start with "K", so you don't get the "KKK" thing goin' on. :O lol! Just joking. :rolleyes:
  • 11-30-2009, 03:46 AM
    Ludeboi
    How about Slitherella lol
  • 11-30-2009, 06:01 PM
    Boanerges
    Congrats on your new boy Desirae :gj: