Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,558

3 members and 2,555 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,179
Threads: 248,609
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, ReptiFreak

Printer?

Printable View

• 08-21-2012, 11:32 AM
    1nstinct
    Printer?
    So with school Starting up in a free weeks, I'm looking to get a new printer. My old one just ran out of ink, so instead of putting $20-30 in ink back into my old printer I'm looking to get a new printer? Any ones you guys had that I should look at or stay away from?
    What it needs:
    Print black and color lol
    Scanner
    Mac compatible
    Be able to print different size papers( I print my feed cards on 8x5 index cards)
    Has good quality picture printing(doesn't need to be photo quality just not too grainy)
    Wireless would be nice but not a must
    And under $75 lol
    I was looking at this one anyone have it?
    http://mobile.walmart.com/m/phoenix;...anner/20592880
    Thanks for the help
    Tom
  • 08-21-2012, 12:14 PM
    The Serpent Merchant
    I have used that printer before, it is a good printer.

I would advise that you stay away from Brother printers. I've never been impressed with them, and the software they use is really glitchy on Macs.
  • 08-21-2012, 12:24 PM
    1nstinct
    Yeah I hate brothers with my Mac my mom has one and when I tried to use it in my Mac I wanted to throw it out the window and run it over with my car.
  • 08-21-2012, 01:01 PM
    The Serpent Merchant
    Re: Printer?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 1nstinct View Post
    Yeah I hate brothers with my Mac my mom has one and when I tried to use it in my Mac I wanted to throw it out the window and run it over with my car.

That's pretty consistent with my experience with brother printers lol.
  • 08-21-2012, 01:09 PM
    Capray
    We have an HP Vivera printer which is real nice, it also can print photos on that shiny photo paper.:) I don't know how expensive it is... :/
    Whoah.. just when I thought I've seen all the crazy black background sub-forums..... whoah...trippy :cool: