Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,667

4 members and 1,663 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Kam (43)
meganp (24)

» Stats

Members: 75,155
Threads: 248,596
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Upstream Morphs
  • 08-16-2004, 06:48 PM
    Jeanne
    Today I went and got a boa (BCI), I was told he is around 5 months old. He is very pretty, around 24- 25 inches long... I have no weight on him yet.. he has a great personality. The couple I got him from were very nice, but his living conditions were aweful (filthy, no heat source, etc.) The guy bought him for his wife, who was scared of him (for the life of me, I cant figure out why, he is totally non-aggressive), she also lost interest in him- so her husband says. When I went to go get him, the guy was even scared of him, he had to use a newspaper to shield himself from the boa, but the boa is not aggressive, so it was done for no reason. The boa is a BOY! He is adorable, I am in love! Now I just got to come up with a name for him. Here's a pic of him I was emailed from his past owners, soon as he settles in, I will get better ones.

https://ball-pythons.net/modules/cop...normal_boa.JPG
  • 08-16-2004, 07:45 PM
    Nate
    Ball Python research paper..need help
    beautiful...it's a shame he's so scared of such a small harmless creature. but i understand where he comes from...i HATE spiders!!!
  • 08-16-2004, 07:53 PM
    Jeanne
    The same guy tried to sell me a tarantula.. ofcourse, I said no way, it'd be a cold day in ---- before I buy ANY spider..my hubby looked at me, and told me NO WAY!!!! But I dont blame him there, I got spider issues.
  • 08-16-2004, 08:48 PM
    led4urhead
    Feeding question.
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanne
    The same guy tried to sell me a tarantula..

AW .. you should've gotten it ;)

Congrats on the new addition :). He's quite a looker!
  • 08-17-2004, 07:47 AM
    Ginevive
    Cool addition you have there.
    Naive people buy them as babies, and think "oh, what a cute little snake" and then when the snakey starts growing a bit, they fear it. That's why everytime I see a boa in a pet store, I shudder to think of where it'll end up. Probably as a rescue taken in by one of us, lol.