Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,854

1 members and 2,853 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,204
Threads: 248,615
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, madballreptiles
  • 10-14-2022, 09:01 AM
    Aspen0122
    Colleges with Herpetology programs?
    Does anyone know of any colleges in the U.S. with herpetology programs? I know that Johns Hopkins is one with a good zoology program that goes into herpetology as well. I don't really know of any others though. Anyone else know of some?
  • 10-14-2022, 09:16 AM
    Homebody
    Re: Colleges with Herpetology programs?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspen0122 View Post
    Does anyone know of any colleges in the U.S. with herpetology programs? I know that Johns Hopkins is one with a good zoology program that goes into herpetology as well. I don't really know of any others though. Anyone else know of some?

This is an old article, but it's a start: https://reptilesmagazine.com/herpetology-schools/.
  • 10-14-2022, 10:11 AM
    Animallover3541
    I'm wanting to study reptile medicine and the University of Florida has a great reptile program. Not sure if it's just for veterinary medicine, but I'm sure you could study zoology there and take classes regarding reptiles. I'm planning on doing pre vet at Purdue University and going to UF for grad school.
  • 10-14-2022, 10:14 AM
    Aspen0122
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Animallover3541 View Post
    I'm wanting to study reptile medicine and the University of Florida has a great reptile program. Not sure if it's just for veterinary medicine, but I'm sure you could study zoology there and take classes regarding reptiles. I'm planning on doing pre vet at Purdue University and going to UF for grad school.

Thank you so much. I am actually taking college animal science classes and plan to take college vet science next year as a junior in HS with Murray State. I am going to look into that.
  • 10-14-2022, 10:20 AM
    Homebody
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Animallover3541 View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspen0122 View Post
    Thank you so much. I am actually taking college animal science classes and plan to take college vet science next year as a junior in HS with Murray State. I am going to look into that.

Don't forget about us when you're all brilliant and credentialed and all.
  • 10-14-2022, 11:33 AM
    Aspen0122
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Homebody View Post
    Don't forget about us when you're all brilliant and credentialed and all.

I wont forget about you guys! :)
  • 10-14-2022, 05:40 PM
    PythonChris88
    Cornell University has stellar biology programs and are always on the cutting edge of research. I got my degree from there and was so happy with the quality of my education. Good luck!
  • 10-14-2022, 07:33 PM
    Kryptic
    Can second PythonChris88 as a fellow alumnus – check out Cornell. You can probably find a relevant program in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (aka CALS or the Ag School) or maybe the College of Liberal Arts.

I wish I knew about this Museum of Vertebrates when I went there: https://www.cumv.cornell.edu/cumvcor...rpetology.html
    I didn't attend the Ag school or study anything like biology. I'll have to add it to the list of places to check out when I next visit the area.
  • 10-15-2022, 01:34 PM
    Albert Clark
    University of California Davis! Undergraduate and graduate studies in veterinary medicine, all biological studies, wildlife forestry and agricultural studies. Focuses in herpetology and exotic medicine.