Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,556

1 members and 1,555 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,178
Threads: 248,607
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, turntechgodhead
  • 11-02-2009, 10:18 AM
    greg_in_ca
    Green Anaconda... any one house them in racks?
    just curious if anyone houses their anies in a rack system ...seems like all have cages instead?

greg
  • 11-02-2009, 10:36 AM
    2kdime
    Re: Green Anaconda... any one house them in racks?
  • 11-02-2009, 12:40 PM
    Denial
    I havent housed them in racks but I know some people who keep them in racks while there smaller. I keep mine in a vision cage that has all the vents taped so the humidity will stay up. And shes getting an animal plastics cage for christmas because they hold humidity better. I doubt that freedom breeder rack would be good for an anaconda. I have an ars rack and I wouldnt put my anaconda in it.
  • 11-30-2009, 04:18 PM
    Ophidian Obsessed
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 2kdime View Post

You could probably keep an anaconda in there till about 16-18ft, keeping the humididty in there shouldnt be to hard, I just dont like that you cant get a sufficiently large enough water dish in there for them to soak in.

Plus that price tag is a bit high for a 3 cage system.
  • 12-01-2009, 10:41 AM
    Denial
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ophidian Obsessed View Post
    You could probably keep an anaconda in there till about 16-18ft, keeping the humididty in there shouldnt be to hard, I just dont like that you cant get a sufficiently large enough water dish in there for them to soak in.

Plus that price tag is a bit high for a 3 cage system.

You would have a VERY hard time keeping the humidity right in a freedom breeder. When you have freedom breeders and ars caging since they are an open air system they need to be in a controlled environment. I have a very hard time just raising the humidity in my ars rack to get a snake to shed in once clean piece. And they are crazy high. You can get an animal plastic t25 for a little over 300 and you wont have any problem keeping humidity in them
  • 12-01-2009, 04:17 PM
    Ophidian Obsessed
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Denial View Post
    You would have a VERY hard time keeping the humidity right in a freedom breeder. When you have freedom breeders and ars caging since they are an open air system they need to be in a controlled environment. I have a very hard time just raising the humidity in my ars rack to get a snake to shed in once clean piece. And they are crazy high. You can get an animal plastic t25 for a little over 300 and you wont have any problem keeping humidity in them

I was assuming it was the same as any other rack system, thanks for the info, always glad to learn something new. :D
  • 12-01-2009, 04:40 PM
    Denial
    Yea I thought I REALLY wanted an ars rack cause I thought they were the best looking racks but there to hard to keep temps and humidity right in them.
  • 12-03-2009, 02:44 AM
    FIEND_FO_LYFE
    I housed my Yellow Conda in a rack for about a year.
    He did great, and now he is in a Boaphile.
    I would love to keep him in a rack, just due to the fact the humidity was AMAZING. But he does great in his new cage too.
    :salute: