Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,006

4 members and 3,002 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Jcd5v (28)

» Stats

Members: 75,178
Threads: 248,609
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, turntechgodhead

Best heat mats?

Printable View

• 04-27-2015, 07:40 AM
    Kb-
    Best heat mats?
    So last night my Exo-terra heat mat died completely after less than two months of use.. Anyone know a brand that would be higher quality? I need to heat a 52 quart bin.
  • 04-27-2015, 08:20 AM
    SJSuperiorPythons
    Re: Best heat mats?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kb- View Post
    So last night my Exo-terra heat mat died completely after less than two months of use.. Anyone know a brand that would be higher quality? I need to heat a 52 quart bin.

I use the zoo med heat pads. They're good and last forever but get kind of hot so I use a rheostat to control mine
  • 04-27-2015, 08:20 AM
    SJSuperiorPythons
    Quote:

I just made my own rheostat with an extension cord and a dimmer switch
  • 04-27-2015, 10:37 AM
    readymade
    Quote:

I use a fluker's heat mat it's just like heat tape
  • 04-27-2015, 10:42 AM
    Marissa@MKmorphs
    I exclusively use ultra therm heat mats, which can be purchased at reptile basics.
  • 04-27-2015, 11:11 AM
    jclaiborne
    I made the switch to the flukers heat mats (they look like heat tape, with a laminate over it) They don't run as hot as some of the other mats (I tested my Flukers unregulated and it topped out at 110F vs my zoomed that hit 135F). I haven't had any issues and they are now my go to mats.
  • 04-27-2015, 01:29 PM
    Mr. Misha
    Have you tried heat tape instead of a heat mat? It's much cheaper and does exactly the same thing as a heat mat. Like all UTHs, it does need to be controlled by a thermostat. I believe Reptile Basics sells 12" heat tape per foot for $3 bucks.
  • 04-27-2015, 02:22 PM
    Stewart_Reptiles
    For a stand alone tub I recommend something sturdy likehttp://www.reptilebasics.com/ultratherm-heat-pads

In a rack system I would recommend heat tape.
  • 04-27-2015, 04:52 PM
    bondo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Misha View Post
    Have you tried heat tape instead of a heat mat? It's much cheaper and does exactly the same thing as a heat mat. Like all UTHs, it does need to be controlled by a thermostat. I believe Reptile Basics sells 12" heat tape per foot for $3 bucks.

Yup heat tape all the way.