Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,172

0 members and 2,172 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,394
Threads: 248,765
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, 316 Pythons

Got accepted for pre-vet!

Printable View

• 01-18-2023, 12:01 PM
    Animallover3541
    Got accepted for pre-vet!
    I am absolutely ecstatic. My 'dream' college deferred me which was very upsetting, but I got the news today that I was accepted w/ a $4,000 yearly scholarship to Ball State University in Indiana! It's nice to finally be able to plan everything else and I plan to visit campus for the first time this weekend.
  • 01-18-2023, 12:43 PM
    Armiyana
    Congrats 🎉🎉
  • 01-18-2023, 12:46 PM
    Malum Argenteum
    Congratulations!

Study hard; I'm led to believe that vet school admission is extremely competitive. I imagine that especially those vet schools that accept the MCAT in place of the GRE tend to get a lot of folks considering med school, who tend to be academic superheroes. I've taken the GRE, and the MCAT sounds a lot more rough. :)
  • 01-18-2023, 02:08 PM
    Animallover3541
    Re: Got accepted for pre-vet!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Malum Argenteum View Post
    Congratulations!

Study hard; I'm led to believe that vet school admission is extremely competitive. I imagine that especially those vet schools that accept the MCAT in place of the GRE tend to get a lot of folks considering med school, who tend to be academic superheroes. I've taken the GRE, and the MCAT sounds a lot more rough. :)

It definitely is, especially with good exotic medicine schools being few and far between. I actually plan on going out of state for vet school but thats a long ways away.
  • 01-18-2023, 02:09 PM
    Bogertophis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Animallover3541 View Post
    I am absolutely ecstatic. My 'dream' college deferred me which was very upsetting, but I got the news today that I was accepted w/ a $4,000 yearly scholarship to Ball State University in Indiana! It's nice to finally be able to plan everything else and I plan to visit campus for the first time this weekend.

Congratulations! :banana::dance::pinkele::dance::carrot: :D
  • 01-18-2023, 03:03 PM
    Homebody
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Animallover3541 View Post

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. Good luck.
  • 01-18-2023, 03:27 PM
    bcr229
    That is great news! Kudos for taking on such a tough field, it's not one I could handle.
  • 01-18-2023, 03:38 PM
    Animallover3541
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
    That is great news! Kudos for taking on such a tough field, it's not one I could handle.

Thank you! It can definitely be difficult. I'm lucky enough to get to shadow/intern at the local exotics clinic several times a week which has helped me decide that this is the career path I want to pursue.
  • 01-18-2023, 09:09 PM
    mlededee
    Huge congrats! :w00t: That is a major accomplishment and I wish you the best throughout your studies.

I hope we can refer people to your exotic animal practice in the future. :D
  • 01-23-2023, 10:46 AM
    YungRasputin
    always love to see someone accomplish their dreams ☺️ mazel tov (good luck)!