Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,926

0 members and 1,926 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,179
Threads: 248,609
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, ReptiFreak
  • 05-05-2004, 08:39 PM
    JamminJonah
    Okay this post http://www.ball-pythons.net/PNphpBB2...ic-t-2771.html got me thinking about things that are SO obvious once you learn what or why but so confounding when first approached! The example was what in the world is the R in ROTM?
    Answer - Reptile

here are some that got me:

Why is Arby's called Arby's?

Roast Beef = R.B. as in "throw me some more of those R.B.'s Jonah, Eddie and Wizill showed up, we're gonna need a wheelbarrow" or - "Throw me some more of those Ar-By's"

Why is the filter of a Parliment cigarette recessed?

So that army troops could bite the end of the filter to hold in their mouths while smoking without affecting air flow too badly, also without having to taste filter juice. So troops could hold the cigarette in their mouths during hikes or combat by biting the overhanging section on the recessed filter.

What does IMO stand for?

In My Opinion.

What about IMHO?

In My Humble Opinion.

What are some that threw you for a loop?
  • 05-05-2004, 08:53 PM
    invadertoast
    Woah! That Arby's knowledge has like, changed my life!
  • 05-05-2004, 10:12 PM
    led4urhead
    Not that this anything reptile related but ...

In my newbie days as a freshman comp sci major i had a professor that always said RTFM. It took me one whole semester to figure out what in the world he was saying ;).

RTFM = Read the f*&$#@^ manual
  • 05-05-2004, 10:16 PM
    sophie42204
    Working in engineering for a wireless telecom company (you may have heard of us-T-Mobile?).....there are tons of acronyms....took me a long time to get 'em straight...won't bore you with those though...can't think of any of hand, but I know there will be some as I go......I'll get back to ya' on that :mrgreen:
  • 05-05-2004, 10:38 PM
    JamminJonah
    I LOVE T-Mobile - they are the best cell phone service provider I have ever used (I've used Sprint, ATT, and Verizon) *sorry to get so off topic* :) but I LOVE my t-mobile phone and the customer service has been AMAZING!
  • 05-06-2004, 12:33 AM
    Eddie_Z
    Plus, Katherine Zeta Jones is hotter than all get out!
  • 05-06-2004, 03:27 AM
    RPlank
    We Have A new Pic
    Yeah, I was gonna say, there has never been a better spokesperson for ANYTHING than Katherine Zeta-Jones!
    /testosterone induced post
  • 05-06-2004, 08:52 AM
    Ginevive
    Wow, I never knew the thing about Arby's. I thought there was some guy named Arby. Makes me wonder what else I don't know about life. Scaaary. :)
  • 05-06-2004, 10:25 AM
    Smulkin
    Bah - Milla Jovovich PWNZ Katherine Zeta-Lala!! You can't touch Leeloo.
  • 05-06-2004, 11:04 AM
    Marla
    LOL Smulkin, who sez ya can't have both? BTW, everbuddy, it's Catherine, not Katherine.

And related to what Carson was saying, here's a few more geek references:
    ID10T (eye dee ten tee) error: user appears to be brain-dead
    KBHI error: keyboard-human interface error (problem is user, not hardware or software)
    ESO error: Equipment Superior to Operator (works for anything from a blender to a submarine)