Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,951

0 members and 1,951 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,179
Threads: 248,609
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, ReptiFreak

RIP Bullet

Printable View

• 10-06-2018, 11:07 AM
    Dianne
    RIP Bullet
    Just found my 5 year old corn this morning, he passed sometime Friday while I was at work. :tears:

He was produced by retained sperm from one of my normals who laid eggs under her water dish (dog bowl with hollow bottom). I didn’t find the eggs for a couple of days, so they had dried somewhat. I was not expecting a clutch at all since she had laid nearly a year before and had not been with my male since. He was the only one that hatched and was not a robust hatchling...extremely tiny with a couple of minor kinks. I knew he most likely wouldn’t thrive like his parents and he was very small for his age, but he had made it five years so I guess I’d come to expect him to continue on. Definitely didn’t ecpect this today. RIP little buddy.
  • 10-06-2018, 11:14 AM
    Gio
    RIP Little fighter,

You enjoyed 5 years which is something!

Good on you for caring for him for 5 years.
  • 10-06-2018, 02:51 PM
    Bogertophis
    I had a corn snake many years ago that produced viable eggs for 4 years without re-breeding...:sigh2:

But I'm always on the side of the ones that fate threw a curve to...at least he got 5 years with you...rest in peace little Bullet.
    Sorry for your loss, Dianne...
  • 10-06-2018, 04:36 PM
    Craiga 01453
    Awww, so sorry for your loss. R.I.P. little guy.
  • 10-06-2018, 06:02 PM
    dakski
    Re: RIP Bullet
    So sorry. My thoughts are with you.

I am glad to hear you gave him 5 good years. It could have been much worse for him.

Keep your chin up and head high knowing you did the best for him.
  • 10-06-2018, 06:20 PM
    Dianne
    Re: RIP Bullet
    Thanks everyone. He was a great little guy. I still find myself second guessing if I could have done anything differently. I know I was lucky to get 5 years with him, knowing there were likely other issues with the kinking, but I guess I’ve gotten spoiled by all my old timers. After he’d made it so far, I just expected him to keep going. Luckily it appeared peaceful, just looked like he was sleeping. Mom & Dad are still going strong at 16, so they’ll get a little extra love for giving me such a neat little guy.
  • 10-06-2018, 07:36 PM
    Reinz
    So sorry for your loss. :( I know it’s tough.

Please don’t go through a mental boxing match playing the what if game.

Deductive reasoning and empirical data does not always apply to living things.

My last three Alaskan Malamutes never made it past 10 years, yet my 3 legged Siberian Husky with a monster goiter is going on 16-17 years.

I found my last cat dead on the window sill one morning. She was only 4-5 years old and never sick a day.

I know how hard it is to accept. Animals have a way of capturing our hearts.

Best :please: