Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 895

2 members and 893 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

D3rv (47)

» Stats

Members: 75,202
Threads: 248,614
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, CUGrad99
  • 03-26-2012, 07:34 AM
    ballpythonluvr
    cracking and popping noise
    I had my female het orange ghost out for handling the other day and I noticed a popping and cracking sound when she twisted a certain way. It sounded like when a human's bones and joints crack and pop when they move a certain way. I am a little concerned. She is not acting any different behavior wise. She hides during the day and is active at night. She doesn't seem to be in any discomfort.
  • 03-26-2012, 09:09 AM
    PureLine Exotics
    my advice is listen to her breathing. if she is gurgling or stressing for air its a respiratory infection. i would suggest watching her very closely to see if she is showing any other symptoms (holding the head up, bubbles from the mouth, gasping for air) and perhaps bumping the temps of the room to 85F can't hurt. let us no if u see anything further!
  • 03-26-2012, 10:58 AM
    RestlessRobie
    Re: cracking and popping noise
    My Pied will do this just before she goes into shed scared me the first time I heard it as well. If an RI is ruled out it could be scales rubbinh and cracking against each other?
  • 03-26-2012, 11:27 AM
    Ohlacey
    Re: cracking and popping noise
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RestlessRobie View Post
    My Pied will do this just before she goes into shed scared me the first time I heard it as well. If an RI is ruled out it could be scales rubbinh and cracking against each other?

This happens to my Albino girl, as well.

I was really concerned about a RI when she started popping for the first time, but under stethoscope she sounded fine and displayed no other symptoms. She shed a few days later.

It happens every time she sheds now. I figured it was either a baby infection induced by the shed to come or just that... Her rougher pre-shed scales making noise.