Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,113

2 members and 1,111 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,202
Threads: 248,614
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, CUGrad99

Crested Not Sticking

Printable View

• 12-17-2014, 11:15 PM
    Fraido
    Crested Not Sticking
    There's this one crested gecko at my co-op placement, and he appears to be unable to grip. He can't climb anything, and he can't really walk around. He's very slow moving, and he doesn't even care about people, unlike all the others that are super sketchy. What could be the reason that he can't stick anymore?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 12-17-2014, 11:22 PM
    Fraido
    Crested Not Sticking
    https://vimeo.com/114839694
    I have this video, you can see how he's unable to stick to my hand or my leg, and his feet and tail do this weird wiggle/tapping thing.

Edit: the tapping of the feet I am referring to occurs in my hand, not on my leg. I can't tell he'a just trying to walk when he's on my leg.
  • 12-18-2014, 04:17 AM
    Sita
    Cresties tend to lose their 'sticky' right before they shed. I would expect that one to shed in the next few days. Also, gross fact, they eat their shed. O.o
  • 12-18-2014, 09:08 AM
    Fraido
    Re: Crested Not Sticking
    Hmmm, I will keep an eye out for a shed.
    Don't leopard geckos eat their shed as well? Lol.

• 12-18-2014, 12:48 PM
    Doggey75
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Fraido View Post
    Hmmm, I will keep an eye out for a shed.
    Don't leopard geckos eat their shed as well? Lol.

Ya leopard geckos eat their shed too. It's kinda funny watching them bend their body eating it
  • 01-06-2015, 12:49 PM
    Fraido
    Well, it's been a couple weeks, he has shed. He's still not sticking, I'm concerned for the little guy. Is there any kind of deficiency(?) that could have caused him to lose his stick? All he is getting is crickets, as I've been told to give him that, should I be dusting them? Even if I'm supposed to, it doesn't make sense that he can't stick, but all the other cresties can.

• 01-06-2015, 04:36 PM
    dr del
    Hi,

I don't know enough to answer the deficiency question but I do know you need to dust the insects and I would probably say looking into their diet more regarding complete formula diets would be a good thing.
  • 01-06-2015, 04:38 PM
    JaredJEstes
    Thanks for the update. I look forward to what anyone has to say about this... I hope the best for your crestie! :)
  • 01-06-2015, 11:41 PM
    Fraido
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dr del View Post
    Hi,

I don't know enough to answer the deficiency question but I do know you need to dust the insects and I would probably say looking into their diet more regarding complete formula diets would be a good thing.

I can pass on what I think I should be doing to my superior and see what he thinks, but I can't just start doing what I feel like. I can do the dusting, though. I will look into it a bit!

• 01-06-2015, 11:41 PM
    Fraido
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JaredJEstes View Post
    Thanks for the update. I look forward to what anyone has to say about this... I hope the best for your crestie! :)

^-^ I wish he was actually mine!