Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,190

2 members and 1,188 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Kaiju (28)

» Stats

Members: 75,149
Threads: 248,589
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, koala

New Car (finally)

Printable View

• 05-04-2004, 10:04 AM
    CTReptileRescue
    Hi all,
    I've been meaing to tell you guys, we finally got a new car..whoo hoo.
    The ford is so busted I am not even comphtorable donating it. We'll see.
    Anyhow the new car is a 2000 VW Gulf GLS Turbo.
    Very fun little car. It has a radio (cd player too) and heat! that's two up from the ford..lol
    I plan on taking some nice pictures of Merlin (the big burmese python) laying over it for the dealership. They rememberd us from the newspaper attention last year. So they were all very supportive. Once the weather is nice, we thought it would make a nice picture. I'll post it here to show the car off.
    Thanks all.
    Rusty
  • 05-04-2004, 10:12 AM
    Marla
    New Car (finally)
    Very cool, Rusty. I'm sure that will make things much easier for y'all.
  • 05-04-2004, 12:24 PM
    MacWin
    Congrats Rusty I have a 2002 VW Golf GTI 1.8 turbo and I love it got it new in 02 and have only had to take it into the dealer 2 times.

If it keeps going like it is VW will have made a longtime customer.
  • 05-04-2004, 12:38 PM
    JamminJonah
    My friends family has three GTI's and an audi - those GTI's run for a LONG time at least if their GTI's are typical of others. Congrats!!
  • 05-04-2004, 12:44 PM
    CTReptileRescue
    Yeah, VW's rock. This is my third car. My first was an 87 Jetta. Paid 300 bucks ran great for two years (no maintance). The second was the ford crown vic (91 cop car) Ran great for the first 2 years, only paid 400 dollars, so I figured out of the money I paid, the cars lasted a while.
    I love this little gulf. Actually with the hatchback and the fold down seats we can fit the big snakes and our herping equipment etc for when we do school programs and big vet trips. And besides the dash board lights up neon blue at night. (I know I'm like a little kid).
    Thanks
    Rusty
  • 05-04-2004, 12:46 PM
    MrsMacWin
    I just don't like riding in the car, it is not made for a tall person unless they are driving, I don't fit too well in the passenger seat, I wish my hubbys was a four door then the kids might have some more leg room, but it is a great car.
  • 05-04-2004, 12:50 PM
    CTReptileRescue
    Quote:

I wish my hubbys was a four door then the kids might have some more leg room, but it is a great car.
    I can understand. Ours is a 4 door (well 5 door they call it because of the hatchback).
    I couldn't live with two doors.
    Rusty
  • 05-04-2004, 12:51 PM
    MrsMacWin
    New Ball Pythons Handling
    He is guy doesn't want the family car thing, I think, lol. ;)
  • 05-04-2004, 01:25 PM
    CTReptileRescue
    Oh, you should have seen the car salesmen at some of these places. There were a few times when my husband had to stay home sick, and I went by myself with my little man Griffin (4 yrs old).
    Oh they all came running up, trying to sell me the "minivan of my dreams". I could've slapped em'. NO Minivans. Was the first thing I said to this guy at the dodge dealership, and of course he shows me 4 minivans!
    Crazy folks I tell ya!
    Rusty
  • 05-04-2004, 02:09 PM
    JLC
    Good for you, Rusty! New cars are so much fun! My husband absolutely despises shopping for cars, but I enjoy it...so when his old beat-up truck was about ready to fall apart somewhere on the freeway, I went out and bought him a new (slightly used) truck all by myself. :D