Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,524

1 members and 1,523 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,175
Threads: 248,606
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, LouveniaEl

Absolutely devastated

Printable View

• 10-06-2011, 11:42 PM
    akaangela
    Absolutely devastated
    We all have that one snake that we love a bit more than most (or most of us do). Mine was my albino female. She really didn't have any place in my breeding plans but she was the one I had wanted since I started in balls. When I got her I was so very happy. She was a big girl, about 1000g. Beautiful bright, her pattern looked almost like a spider ball. She was perfect.

A few weeks ago she stopped eating. Nothing big a few of my other balls have stopped eating. It looked like she had been bitten by one of the feeders but her last shed had cleared up most of that. She was a bit sluggish so I was a little worried about her and was keeping an eye on her.

A few days ago I looked in and she was dead. She was still coiled up and her head was resting on the side mouth open. Dead. OH God no. Not her please not her. Take anything else I have but not her.

I have no idea why she died. I was devastated. I am still. My heart is broken. It looked like she had died right after I had checked on her the day before. I had been gone for maybe 24 hours. I didn't think about getting a nurcorpisy (sp?). When I found her I didn't think about anything. I just started crying. My roommate disposed of her body and I didn't have the piece of mind to tell him not to. Today is the first day I have been even able to think or talk about it.

What sucks even more is my birthday is in 2 weeks. My roommate (I have two) offered to get me another albino, but I can't even think about trying to replace her right now. She can never be replaced.

RIP M&M I will miss you forever. Maybe one day I will stop crying every time I think of you.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...s/mis093-2.jpg
  • 10-06-2011, 11:53 PM
    Kinra
    That really sucks. I'm sorry for your loss. :(
  • 10-07-2011, 12:08 AM
    mues155
    I have that snake, its my female spider. I dont know why but she just holds a special place in my heart and I watch and handle her the most.

Im very sorry for your loss. :tears:
  • 10-07-2011, 12:11 AM
    alkibp
    Re: Absolutely devastated
    I am terribly sorry for your loss. I can only imagine how awful I would feel if my favorite snake died.
  • 10-07-2011, 12:15 AM
    Slashmaster
    I am so sorry for your loss. It sounds like you cared about her very much, so she couldn't have had a better or happier place to live. If it was her time, then it was her time. Hopefully some of the more knowledgeable members will be able to help you answer the "Why?" question.
  • 10-07-2011, 12:23 AM
    cmack91
    im so sorry:tears:
  • 10-07-2011, 12:27 AM
    Highline Reptiles South
    that sucks i am so sorry
  • 10-07-2011, 12:41 AM
    CoolioTiffany
    I am so sorry for your loss, she was a beautiful snake. I'm sure we've all got that special one in our collection. Mine is my first BP ever--I love her to death and would keep only her out of everyone in my collection if it really had to come down to that.

Stay strong and if you need anyone to talk to you can send me a PM any time, you have my greatest sympathies :).
  • 10-07-2011, 01:51 AM
    llovelace
    So sorry for your loss :(
  • 10-07-2011, 02:56 AM
    Virus
    That's terrible.

My favorite is my first. My male ghost. He was my first snake, and I've raised him from just a young age.

I've lost bearded dragons before, and that was hard.