Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,780

0 members and 2,780 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,204
Threads: 248,615
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, madballreptiles

Rack setup Q's

Printable View

• 11-19-2009, 02:15 PM
    DemmBalls
    Rack setup Q's
    Can someone show me how their racks are setup? I am looking to get one very shortly and wanted to see how they are setup before I get one.

My main question would be - How is the heat/thermostat setup to run all off the tubs?

If anyone can give me some guidance, that would be great!

Thanks,
    -Jordan
  • 11-19-2009, 07:39 PM
    DaveR
    Re: Rack setup Q's
    I apologize for not having a personal experience to share, or do I even have a rack system. But, fortunately I have been doing a lot of research over the past few weeks about this subject.

YouTube - Heating Snake Racks - part 2

I hope this helps out. I'm sure others will be along shortly with more of a personal answer.

Good luck with your rack, post some pictures when you get it up and running!

Cheers!
  • 11-19-2009, 08:29 PM
    DemmBalls
    Very good video! Gotta love Ralph!

I think my biggest question is...how is the heating and the stat wired? for example...do you have to have a chord for every slot or is there a way to consolidate all the heat mats/tape into one or two plugs?
  • 11-19-2009, 08:41 PM
    DaveR
    Check these out

Wiring flex-watt heat tape

Reptile racks DIY

The first one is about connecting flex-watt, and within the second link find the plans for the "iris" rack (I think it is the second one down). It shows you how he daisy chains the flex-watt for the whole rack.

These are from the same site. There is a menu at the top if you want to hop around and check it out, I have found a lot of great info on there for racks and heat. Hope this helps, cheers!