Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,670

0 members and 2,670 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,151
Threads: 248,593
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Lunarlily28

Change hides=Not eating

Printable View

• 03-15-2010, 06:17 PM
    BuddhaLuv
    Change hides=Not eating
    Thanks to everyone who said to give Tanveer a week or so to accept his new hides! He LOVES them now. They are much more snug for him now. Just a quick question. I am guessing it's common for them to go off feed for a bit when their environment changes even if it's an improvement?

Thanks again for your input!
  • 03-15-2010, 08:46 PM
    Elise.m
    Re: Change hides=Not eating
    I changed my females hides a few times before I figured out what type of hide she would eat the best in, sometimes they're just extremely picky. I would give him a while to adjust.
  • 03-15-2010, 08:49 PM
    Kaorte
    How many refusals has the snake had since you changed the hides? It might take a week or two to adjust. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
  • 03-15-2010, 08:50 PM
    BuckeyeBalls
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BuddhaLuv View Post
    Thanks to everyone who said to give Tanveer a week or so to accept his new hides! He LOVES them now. They are much more snug for him now. Just a quick question. I am guessing it's common for them to go off feed for a bit when their environment changes even if it's an improvement?

improvement yes but not really to them at the time. Its like people buying new houses. They get in the new house but some how seem to miss the old broke one that had alot of probs :P

Once they adjust to everything it will be fine :P
  • 03-16-2010, 11:46 PM
    BuddhaLuv
    Thanks everyone! It's only been two refusals this week so I am not worried. He's gone 6 months before so this is a drop in the hat LOL. Thanks for the reassurance that this is most likely his issue:D

F4n70m, you crack me up! Makes total sense to me though! :banana:
  • 03-16-2010, 11:56 PM
    BuckeyeBalls
    Best of luck feeding him! Ours is still a baby so he is pounding out the meals. Lets hope he dont refuse when hes older! :bow:
  • 03-17-2010, 12:22 AM
    iCandiBallPythons
    BP's can be very ocd about change.
  • 03-17-2010, 02:15 AM
    Big Gunns
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BuddhaLuv View Post

Ball Pythons will go off feed if you sneeze in the room without covering your mouth. So yes, your snake may go off feed with these new hides.