Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,417

0 members and 3,417 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,206
Threads: 248,617
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Az1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

This is exactly what I am talking about!

This is exactly what I am talking about!

You can do a lot more than sending one email! A LOT MORE! The fellow who posted this picture is a warrior for all of us! He is on the front lines. He has picked up his musket and he is firing at the enemy. This exactly what it is all about!

You who have done nothing... at the very bare bones minimum only sent an email to your representative. That is a step in the right direction! Fantastic! It is important that you do something rather than nothing. Won’t you join us down here on the battlefield and get your hands dirty!?

You can do a lot more! This person has printed up a “package” of 22 letters each addressed to one of the members of the committee that will be influential in deciding if HR669 moves forward or stops right where it is. He has then gotten friends and family to sign each of the letters and they have either added their name and address on every single letter or he has done that with his computer for those people using his printer at home. That is what I am doing. I currently have over 1000 letters myself. Many folks have a lot more than I do.

There isn’t a lot of time left. Any letters you send would need to be sent overnight no later than MONDAY to:

Tom Wolfe
    6246 Lee Hwy
    Arlington, VA 22205

Tom will hand deliver them to the members of the committee. We need to be heard loud and clear! Thousands upon thousands of singed letters will speak louder than anything else we can do right now.

Please note: If you are going to be a champion for this cause and you are sending many signed letters to Tom, please separate the letters into groups for each of the different members of the committee. They can be separated using a paperclip or placed into separate manila envelopes and labeled on the outside of the envelope for the members name. Tom is getting thousands of letters and will not have time to separate everything. Please make it as easy as possible for Tom.

All 22 letters have already been written for you. Download it here:

Now! What have you done?

Do it!

Web moderators: Please do not merge this with an existing thread that most are no longer viewing. The more people that see this, the greater the potential that this additional message will encourage folks who have yet to do something to make that move and help. Saturday and Sunday are two days that a lot of people could do a lot more. Let’s hope they do.

Please. Thank you!
    Jeff Ronne Sr
    The Boaphile
    Director USARK

http://www.theboaphile.com
    http://www.boaphileplastics.com

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The_Boaphile For This Useful Post:

grammie (04-18-2009),hoax (04-19-2009),Louis Kirkland (04-17-2009),Melicious (04-17-2009),RebelYell83 (04-19-2009),stormwulf133 (04-17-2009),stratus_020202 (04-19-2009)

Thanks

Re: This is exactly what I am talking about!

That picture looks familiar.

Here's another one. Still adding more. Hope to have 2000 letters.

Some other kind of inspirational pictures. This is what we are fighting for.

The is one of my coral albino males. This is an old picture, he MUCH more pink now. He's bred and awesome coral (cool white specks) hypo het albino this year.

Here's a nice motley het anery. He's bred a smoking hot pink pastel normal and an awesome anery this year.

Hognose, Sand Boa & Ball Python Morphs

Greg Bennett | http://www.hognose.com

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GregBennett For This Useful Post:

FatBoy (04-17-2009),hoax (04-19-2009),RebelYell83 (04-19-2009)

Thanks

I did what I could. I work at a pet store and could only get 11 people motivated, and for 8 of those people I had to do it all myself. It sad really. I am so burnt out on it already, I think having a new baby doesn't help with that. Mainly though it is all the people that want to just do nothing that burn me out. I see people who got people together and sent thousands of letters and think I could have done more, but I tried. I really did. In fact, I spent everything down to my very last dime. I ran my print cartridge dry. I spend my very last dollar on postage. I even cut myself very close to getting a late fee on a credit card. I am up to my eyeballs in debt, and still I spent more money on credit card to feed the ol' canon printer. Yet, I still sit here sad because I feel like I didn't do enough. There is a pet expo tomorrow, I wish I had money to print flier for cars. I wish that I could have made my co-workers listen. I wish I could have made more phone calls.

I have had everything I care about in my life destroyed by big corporations, the government, or my own stupidity. My snakes are the last thing on this earth that truly makes me happy. I am NOT going to sit idly by and watch them take what I love. How though, can I do more? I was going to join pijac and usark, and I used the last of my money on letters and postage etc etc.

I guess I am rambling.

I did what I could, and yet, its never enough...

4.9 Balls, 6.7 Corns, 1.1 Black Milk Snakes, 0.0.1 Sand boa, 0.1 BCI, 2.0 Dogs, 1.0 Child, 0.0.? Fish

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to stormwulf133 For This Useful Post:

2kdime (04-17-2009),Alice (04-19-2009),Art_In_Scales (04-19-2009),GregBennett (04-17-2009),hoax (04-19-2009),RebelYell83 (04-19-2009),The_Boaphile (04-18-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stormwulf133 View Post
    I did what I could, and yet, its never enough...
    Dude you did a hell of a job.

These post are to motivate people that are just sitting around doing nothing. You my man have gone and done more than most people would ever do. Feel proud of yourself.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GregBennett For This Useful Post:

2kdime (04-17-2009),hoax (04-19-2009),RebelYell83 (04-19-2009),The_Boaphile (04-18-2009)

Thanks

You are getting it done! This is fantastic and thank you for each and every one of you who is sending in letters of any kind to Tom Wolfe! A even larger thanks goes to you who have sent in BOXES full of singed letters! This is fantastic!

Friday's mail at Tom Wolfe's place:

Saturday's mail at Tom Wolfe's place:

I can't wait to see Monday and the biggest day Tuesday! I know of around 10,000 that will be delivered on Tuesday alone! This is going to be huge and I hope each and every one has a large part in putting this down as forcefully as is humanly possible.

Thank you for your help!
    Jeff Ronne Sr
    The Boaphile
    Director USARK

http://www.theboaphile.com
    http://www.boaphileplastics.com

10. The Following User Says Thank You to The_Boaphile For This Useful Post:

RebelYell83 (04-19-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 1,556 Posts
    Blog Entries

LOL, look at the smile on his face. Everybody that is participating is doing a hell of a job, keep it up.
    -Venomous-

1.0 - Naja siamensis - Zeus (Black & White Spitting Cobra)
    1.0 - Naja n. woodi - Hades (Black Spitting Cobra)
    0.1 - Naja nigricollis - Athena (Black-necked Spitting Cobra)

coming at some point in the future
    Naja annulata (Ringed Water Cobra)

Thanks

Look how happy he is!

Good work everybody!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

We had a great day at the Dixie Reptile Show today! We got 45 sets of 23 (the representative from Hawaii has been left off many of the lists) signed and we had people waiting to sign letters. We were restricted only by man power, as we hand wrote the return address on all the envelopes.

Tim Bailey will be FedExing these to Tom Wolfe on Monday.

Christie and Judy will have photo updates of our very successful campaign today! I can't tell you how many people thanked us profusely for having the table and the letters!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rabernet For This Useful Post:

Alice (04-19-2009),GregBennett (04-19-2009)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

i've been calling local radio stations,no money to put ink in my printer,so i made up 5 flyers went to petland and manager said theyve done a news interview,but dont tell customers about it.I have been emailing and dealing with the local media,as well as email blasting my address book,and making phone calls about this up to 10 hours a day,i am out of work,,and seems like everything is going pure downhill for me,and fast,so i cant let this get destroyed,but dont have the money to spend to send a box of letters,or anything,so i am trying to reach the media,and reach the people that can do that,and being ignored,and passed to the side,is just frustrating.i even had a radio host push me OFF the air after saying hes released dangerous wildlife himself that could probably kill people.and call me a crazy snake owner.I just wanted to thank,ralph davis,the boaphile,stormwulf,yota man and EVERYBODY whos been putting up this fight,and mr Tom Wolfe himself for fighting so hard,, kinda reminds you why the frustration is worth it to see posts like this.

and if you havent even sent one email,or one post on myspace or one phone call,WHATS YOUR EFFIN PROBLEM you need to jump in this NOW,not in 2 days,NOW,write your emails,post a bulletin on myspace,facebook,email a link to the videos to family,or SOMETHING

sorry about my rant
    Last edited by RebelYell83; 04-19-2009 at 03:11 AM. Reason: addind something

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rabernet View Post
    We had a great day at the Dixie Reptile Show today! We got 45 sets of 23 (the representative from Hawaii has been left off many of the lists) signed and we had people waiting to sign letters. We were restricted only by man power, as we hand wrote the return address on all the envelopes.

Tim Bailey will be FedExing these to Tom Wolfe on Monday.

Christie and Judy will have photo updates of our very successful campaign today! I can't tell you how many people thanked us profusely for having the table and the letters!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast