Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 878

1 members and 877 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,204
Threads: 248,615
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, madballreptiles
    Thanks

Gerbils/Hamsters

Ok,so Carmen wont take frozen thawed anymore,just ignores it, so i found a woman who breeds gerbils and russian hamsters.got a big russian hamster off her(this guy was as big as an adult mouse)which is bigger than usual for a russian hamster.
    but threw it in the tank live,and in 3 seconds,she was coiled round the thing and had it ate in 5 mins.

Thanks

Re: Gerbils/Hamsters

Its not something i wanted to do,but to keep her alive i had to.she would take frozen thawed,and i tried lots of different ways and different dead things and it didnt work so live was the only thing i had left.but it worked soshe should be on the mend pretty quickly.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

One possible problem is being able to supply enough if she decides that is all she wants to eat now - for the next meal it might be worth trying to scent whatever she was eating before with the hamster smell or even just trying the original prey type.

Was she losing weight?

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks

scented the mouse with gerbil bedding,didnt work either.she has enough gerbils and she breeds them for her own bp aswell so there wont be a problem with getting a regular supply.she has a few breeding pairs.
    but yeah she was losing weight,i didnt weigh her but her skin started to sag and her back bone started to show more.she wasnt shedding though cause her colour was bright as it usually is.

Thanks

How long has it been since she ate?
    lots of snakes

Thanks

friday night she ate the lil russian hamster( was actually big for a russian)
    but,she would only eat maybe once a month if i was lucky.wont touch a mouse/dead gerbil/rat pup if its left in the tank with her,or if i use the thongs.
    and she lost weight, had her weighed at the vets today, and her back bone started to show,she had more of a triangular shape than she did last month.