Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,166

1 members and 1,165 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,223
Threads: 248,632
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, mizmenabee
    Thanks

tub setup when breeding

when breeding, do you remove the hides and water dish? when the female is about to lay her eggs to you remove the hides and water dish? All the pics I saw of balls breeding there was no hides or anything but the bedding in the tub and same for the female that was about to have the eggs, im thinking that maybe they just do this when they are taking the pics but im unsure
    - Jon

Thanks

Re: tub setup when breeding

Quote Originally Posted by BaLLPAddICT
    when breeding, do you remove the hides and water dish? when the female is about to lay her eggs to you remove the hides and water dish? All the pics I saw of balls breeding there was no hides or anything but the bedding in the tub and same for the female that was about to have the eggs, im thinking that maybe they just do this when they are taking the pics but im unsure
    When breeding I keep my water bowl in there but remove hides. Truth be told, many people don't use hides in rack setups because the tub itself is like a hide.
    lots of snakes

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tmlowe5704
    When breeding I keep my water bowl in there but remove hides. Truth be told, many people don't use hides in rack setups because the tub itself is like a hide.

Really?? I thought hides were a must even in tubs, I should still be using hides right? What is a good sized tub for a breeders? And I was also wondering about something else with breeding, is it okay to put a bunch of snakes together or should there be only 1.1 or 1 male and females or can you mix males and females when breeding? And btw i dont plan on breeding for a while, i am just trying to learn the most i can before hand, thanks
    - Jon

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BaLLPAddICT
    Really?? I thought hides were a must even in tubs, I should still be using hides right? What is a good sized tub for a breeders? And I was also wondering about something else with breeding, is it okay to put a bunch of snakes together or should there be only 1.1 or 1 male and females or can you mix males and females when breeding? And btw i dont plan on breeding for a while, i am just trying to learn the most i can before hand, thanks
    Depends on your conditions. If the rack is in a busy place, I say use hides for comfort. But if you have a room dedicated to herps and your snakes stay eating, it is up to you. 1.1 is usually used but sometimes 2.1 is used to get males to breed but only temporarily
    lots of snakes

Thanks

balls can have orgies too!

vaughn
    you can't have just one!