Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,819

0 members and 2,819 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,151
Threads: 248,593
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Lunarlily28
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

wife wants her out

Well today the wife told me today that she don't feel safe with having a med size snake like my Female BCI. She is only 6 months old but the wife really don't like the size that she will achive at adult size. I really hate having to see her go i've always wanted a boa like the RTB. But now that i have a 5 month old daughter she is more important. What do you all suggest that i do? Thanks Aaron

Thanks

Re: wife wants her out

Quote Originally Posted by reptilesnr/c
    Well today the wife told me today that she don't feel safe with having a med size snake like my Female BCI. She is only 6 months old but the wife really don't like the size that she will achive at adult size. I really hate having to see her go i've always wanted a boa like the RTB. But now that i have a 5 month old daughter she is more important. What do you all suggest that i do? Thanks Aaron
    tell the wife she has to go

Really though, try to show her how secure the enclosure is and make sure you think of every question she could ask you ahead of time.

-Tim
    lots of snakes

Thanks

she's just afraid of what she could do to our daughter even when the baby is older and the snake is larger.

Thanks

Put your foot down and tell her that the snake killing the baby is all in her head. How many stories have you even heard of that happening? Zero. The odds of the snake getting out, the baby not being monitored, the snake GETTING to the baby and doing any harm is about 1 in 1,000,000 chance. How big is the snake right now? If it's 6 months old, it'll take a long time before any harm could be done.

Thanks

I went thrue this with my wife a few years ago,Try to educate her on feeding,and husbrentry.get her involved with your day to day with the snake.When me and my wife first got togeather she was terified of snakes.now looking after my collection is a joint effort. She went from not going in the snake room to owning 7 of her own in 4 years.most people are scared of snakes due to lack of knolage.maybe get a corn than work her up from there
    mike9452

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reptilesnr/c
    Well, only you know the full situation in your own home, and know your wife's heart and mind. So, if you think you can change her mind as others have suggested...it's worth a try. But if you know she's not going to budge...then your next best bet is to try and find a good home for it. Since it's just a wee baby, there should be no huge rush to give it to the first person who smiles at it. Be patient and be willing to find it a good home with people who know how to take care of it.

To do that...you can start by posting an ad for it in our "ForSale/Trade" forum. Explain your situation...include your location...a picture of the animal is always helpful...and specify if you want any monetary compensation for the snake or its equipment (if caging and whatnot goes with it)...and how far you're willing to drive to meet an interested party for the swap. We have quite a few very knowledgeable and caring members just within a couple hours of you, if both parties are willing to make a drive to help a snake.

However it goes...I wish you all the best with it!
    -- Judy

BPnet Veteran recycling goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

judy, that's exactly what i was going to post.

very well said!!!
    in light, Aleesha

You have 1440 minutes a day... how are you going to spend yours?

Thanks

Well i talked to her more about the whole worried problems that we was having and she was just wanting to let me know they were on mind. So we have talked about it more and we are keeping her. She likes snakes also so that wasn't the prblem but thanks for the support on both sides of the problem i really love my boa. thanks

Thanks

Funny, I had a similar conversation with my girlfriend last night. Fortunately she reluctantly decided that if this was something I was going to get into and enjoy, then even though she may not want to be part of it, she will stand behind me.

I guess when you find a good one, you just know huh.
    Ryan

0.0.1 Normal Ball Python
    1.1.0 Dogs (1 Mutt, 1 Pitbull)

Thanks

I'm glad she is re thinking it and has thought about keeping it now. Best of luck with that!!!
    ---=ALLISON=---
    "Not everyone is going to agree or listen to what you say but I have learned to do my best to educate and hope they listen in the long run. Just keep trying to educate. There will be people out there that actually do listen and learn. -Me"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast