Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,449

3 members and 2,446 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,405
Threads: 248,766
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Miramiraonthewa11
    Thanks

F/S '03 Male Licorice(White-Sided Black) Ratsnake

As it says in the title, this male is a 2 year old White-Sided Black Rat Snake, eats f/t weaned rats every week and a half to 2 weeks like a champ(leave it on top of his hide and he eats). He currently lives in a Sterilite 1995, many hides, aspen bedding with newspaper underneath, and a heat pad. He has always been healthy, never a bad shed, he just needs a new home. He weighs around 500g and is around 4-4.5ft long.

The current situation is that he is NOT very friendly, as some Rat Snakes can be. He likes to musk you, regardless of how often you handle him, and he likes to puff and hiss. He is very "aware" of where everything is, all of the time. In his current household, this just isn't acceptable, as he can't really be handled except to put him in a pillowcase to clean his tub(and he musks then too, while inside the pillowcase... Dork..).

We will be bringing him to the Texas Reptiles expo at the Elks' Lodge in Arlington on Saturday, October 28th. If anyone has any interest, please contact me via PM or send me an email.

He is a gorgeous snake and a beautiful example of a Licorice that I have ever seen. Wonderful coppery sheen to his back stripe and lovely opalescence to his skin and head. if paired with the right female, the offspring would be fantastic.

The only compensation we are asking for is for feeding/housing him, and that you give him a good home where he won't be stressed. And you're definitely welcome to work with him on the handling issue, LoL. I know we all like being farted on by a snake.

Please let me know as he needs a home soon. The current housing just isn't working.
    When he was a yearling at the breeder's:

Two years old here:

Thanks for looking
    Last edited by SatanicIntention; 10-19-2006 at 04:26 AM. Reason: Added pictures
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Thanks

Re: F/S '03 Male Licorice(White-Sided Black) Ratsnake

That is one beautiful snake. I have never heard of a Licorice before. Good luck finding the right home.

Thanks

Re: F/S '03 Male Licorice(White-Sided Black) Ratsnake

Becky,

I will be coming up to that show. I look forward to meeting you.