Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,434

1 members and 1,433 guests
Gio,
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,223
Threads: 248,632
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, mizmenabee
    Thanks

First Feeding Went Well!

I was so nervous about feeding my new baby for the first time. I have read so much about about difficult feeders, I couldn't help but be nervous. I took the advice I got here, and fed her in her enclosure. I offered the mouse with tongs first, but when she didn't take it after a few seconds, I just left the mouse in there, in case my presence was making her nervous. I walked away for about 3 minutes, and when I walked by again, I saw that she had her mouse in her mouth, and was starting to swallow it. I'm a little sad I missed her taking it, but so relieved that she ate without an issue. I'm so weird. I checked on her about 10 more times before I went to bed, and kept telling her she is a good girl. She was just hanging out in her warm hide, looking very content. I swear, she likes to watch me when I talk to her like that. I think she is just as curious about me, as I am about her. Hopefully, that is a good sign.

Thanks for the feeding tips, everyone. It was much easier than I imagined. I feel like I'm off to a good start.

Thanks
    Congrats! I still remember the first time my very first bp ate It's a good feeling.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to pariahdog For This Useful Post:

ArvadaLanee (04-21-2016)

Thanks
    Grats on the feed! Well done!

A lot of us here will be able to simply provide help, others will want to throw encyclopedias at you. Glad you've learned how to read between the lines

You'll find that your snakey snake will tell you when she is hungry the next time, you're going to learn so much about her in the next month. And yes, they do come to the glass, they do pick up your scent and they will flick their tongue at you when you're both up against the glass. It's cool sometimes to just zone out, then you almost panic because you can't feel the glass and there is a snake 2" in front of your face
    I'm a fish guy with a girlfriend and 2 young boys who live reptiles and fish.

2015 Male Pastel Ball Python 610 grams - Damien (updated 4/24/2016)
    2013 Male Gargoyle Crested Gecko - Ethan

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hammertime1977 For This Useful Post:

pariahdog (04-21-2016)

Thanks

Re: First Feeding Went Well!

Agreed with hammertime, eventually you'll learn your bps personality and habits and you'll understand when she'll be telling you she wants to eat.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to pariahdog For This Useful Post:

ArvadaLanee (04-21-2016)

Thanks
    Thanks. Yeah, I have learned about forums, and how it can be a bit tricky. I used to keep tropical fish, and boy do the aquarium forums get silly sometimes. People can get angry over the smallest thing. I joined a corn snake forum when I bought my twin boys a corn snake, and I learned SO much from that forum. That is how I learned about Repticon, where I just bought my new baby. I am pretty good with most animals, and learn a lot by observing them as well, but I like hearing from other snake owners, and learning all the different ways people care for their animals. It's also just fun to see photos and hear everyone's stories. It's nice to hear from other people who love their animals as much as I love mine. Most of the people I know think I'm kind of crazy to have all these pet, especially the snakes, but animals are my passion. Even the slithery ones.

Thanks

Re: First Feeding Went Well!

Congrats and it's always good to get that first feeding behind you.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Terminal For This Useful Post:

ArvadaLanee (04-21-2016)