Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,042

0 members and 2,042 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,392
Threads: 248,762
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, ball-o-rama

Thread: Phantom Morph?

Thanks

Phantom Morph?

Hello! I am new to BPs. I have been reading up and speaking with some breeders about the set up I need and the things I should know before bringing a baby home and I finally think I am ready. I already have a 10 gal tank set up with everything the new guy will need until he is ready to move into something bigger.

While looking for reputable breeders over the last few months, I ran into all of the different morphs. I find all of them absolutely stunning. There is not telling how many hours I have spent in recent months reading up on countless color and pattern possibilities. I'm not really looking to go purchase a pair of proven breeders or anything. I am more concerned with just finding myself a good buddy to enjoy right now. With that said, I have also decided that I would like my first guy to be something that I could breed later on if I am bitten by this morph bug. If I decide not to breed him, thats ok too. I'll just have a really pretty boy to brag on .

Anyways, earlier this week a friend of mine mentioned her friend who has a phantom male BP to re-home. He's 100g so he's obviously young but she said that he eats well (2 f/t mice a week) and doesn't mind being handled. He's obviously a little pricier than normals that I originally looked at. Being new to BPs let alone morphs, I'm not sure if I can visually separate a phantom from a normal. I want to make sure that this gal isn't just selling me an over priced normal baby.

Can anyone tell me what to look for in a Phantom? What visual differences are there between a phantom and a normal? I have a picture of him but I can't figure out how to upload it onto this post.

Thanks for all of the help and sorry this was so long!
    Last edited by onthefritz; 07-11-2014 at 11:44 AM.

Thanks
    I will be interested in this as well as a friend of mine just "acquired" two clutches and the pairing was Phantom male and Special male to a normal female. What I have seen so far is that with Phantoms they tend to have flames down their entire body and that they have limited to no alien heads. I have also noticed that the "O's" tend to bleed or run down the sides as well as have floating "O's" up towards the spine with clean bellies. Their coloring seems to be more of a richer tan.

I am not an expert on this morph this is just what I have observed. I look forward to seeing more information on this as well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to txcoker For This Useful Post:

onthefritz (07-11-2014)