Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 915

2 members and 913 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,218
Threads: 248,626
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Pmcclanahan1

Thread: Considering

Thanks

Considering

I am looking to buy some single codom or dom morphs. I am thinking about getting yellow belly, pastel, spider, and mojave for right now. I would love suggestions on what gene the male should be. I also have a normal het pied female as well. So suggestions would be awesome.Thanks
    Last edited by Stewart_Reptiles; 06-24-2014 at 05:37 PM. Reason: TOS Violation

Thanks

Re: Considering

Are you trying to pick a male out of the morphs you listed, or a male that would pair well with those morphs?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    My suggestion - don't waste your time with a single gene male. Double gene males are relatively cheap right now.

I've seen some bumblebee males going for $150-200 bucks. Your breeding potential is better - also Pastel and Spider females are not holding their value like they used to.

Here's my suggestion if you want 4.

- Male Bumble bee,

- Female Mojave
    - Female Butter
    - Female Fire

Thanks

Re: Considering

If your buying babies I would get as many double gene girls as your budget allows,
    Next year buy a spinner blast or a banana depending on your budget.

Thanks
    when you work with single-gene females, i think the male should be triple-gene. or at least a nice double-gene.

and yes, the two most common and cheapest morphs are pastel and spider. i would rather go for something else that is proven to work and proven to be awesome but less common, like enchi or black pastel or butter/lesser or yellowbelly or fire.
    The Big Bang almost certainly (beyond reasonable doubt) happened 13.7 billion years ago. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Evolution is a fact, evolutionary theory explains why it happens and provides four different lines of evidence that coalesce to show that evolution is a fact. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    One third of the global economy relies on technology that is based on quantum mechanics, especially quantum electrodynamics (electron-photon or electron-electron interactions). If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Time Dilation is real, it is so real that all clocks if they are precise enough can measure it, and GPS could not possibly work without it.
    If you disagree, send me a PM.

The 4 philosophically most important aspects of modern science are: Evolutionary theory, Cosmology, Quantum mechanics, and Einsteins theory of general relativity. Understand these to get a grip of reality.

my favorite music video is online again, its really nice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oABEGc8Dus0

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pythonfriend For This Useful Post:

AlexisFitzy (06-24-2014)

Thanks
    I think if you want to stay a bit on the less expensive side you should buy single gene females and save up to buy a 2 or 3 gene male once the females are big enough.

Thanks
    I love all the suggestions here thank you all. I am thinking that buying a male with 2 or 3 genes would be the best route after a while. I should have been more clear on what my intentions are. the females are all probably going to be single gene untless I can pick up some hets that they carry but still that is most likely a recessive gene that in time I can get to show through breeding and combining in the years to come. I have a local breeder that will allow me to use a male or two of his for breeding if I cannot get one that is ideal when they are breeding. So now with all the suggestions here might be something that I will look into

Pastel, or black pastel (is black pastel compatible to throw pastels?)
    fire
    yellow belly
    lesser/butter
    enchi

Also depends on $$$$ but in a year or two I should have enough money to get a nice male with multipule genes. That would be more productive then buying one female with multipule genes I think.

Thanks
    Pastel (http://www.worldofballpythons.com/morphs/pastel/) and black pastel (http://www.worldofballpythons.com/morphs/black-pastel/) are two separate genes. Play around with the World of Ball Pythons genetic wizard, and see what combos you like based on the genes you're looking at.

http://www.worldofballpythons.com/wizard/
    1.0 2013 Firefly
    1.0 2013 Black Pastel
    1.0 2013 Cinnamon
    0.1 2015 Leopard Butter Pastel
    0.1 2015 Stinger Bee
    0.1 2016 Pastel Pinstripe Disco Fire
    0.1 2015 Dumeril's Boa