Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,071

1 members and 2,070 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,392
Threads: 248,763
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, ball-o-rama
    Thanks

Ball python advice

Today I went to my local animal shelter and two ball pythons are for sale. One ball python is a little timid, 3ft and a diameter of 2 inches. The smaller one is very social about 2.5ft and a diameter of 1.5 inches about. I would love to rescue these pythons. I know it is not good to have pythons living in the same tank, but these pythons were raised together and are still together now at the shelter. I want to get both but I would want to make sure I'm prepared for both. I have a 20 gal tank and a 40gal tank.

Another concern that I have is currently they eat live mice, and I am only used to frozen. Is it hard to switch the pythons to frozen mice? I'm very tender hearted and I not positive I could see the mice die. I am willing to try though if the frozen mice won't work.
    Please let me know of you have any advice on the housing of these beautiful ball pythons or the feeding! Thank you!

Thanks

Re: Ball python advice

Quote Originally Posted by maggieehunt View Post
    Today I went to my local animal shelter and two ball pythons are for sale. One ball python is a little timid, 3ft and a diameter of 2 inches. The smaller one is very social about 2.5ft and a diameter of 1.5 inches about. I would love to rescue these pythons. I know it is not good to have pythons living in the same tank, but these pythons were raised together and are still together now at the shelter. I want to get both but I would want to make sure I'm prepared for both. I have a 20 gal tank and a 40gal tank.

Another concern that I have is currently they eat live mice, and I am only used to frozen. Is it hard to switch the pythons to frozen mice? I'm very tender hearted and I not positive I could see the mice die. I am willing to try though if the frozen mice won't work.
    Please let me know of you have any advice on the housing of these beautiful ball pythons or the feeding! Thank you!
    Raised together or not they are not animals to be kept together. You could get 2 nice Rubber made tubs, for the price of tank! Aswell they are good for humidty (visually look cheap but work well 5-10$ per tub with latching lid)

Secondly, it depends on the snake, if theyll switch iv never had a problem usually only 1-2 feeds to move them over to FT, I aswell didnt care too much about the mice, but when i pulled out a small life rat to to the switch, he was the nicest cutest little bugger, so now I have a Rat pet! And well that snake didnt eat that weak bcz he denied frozen, but week after took! But with pythons, its patience so they will usually switch but some may not!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CORBIN911 For This Useful Post:

Skittles1101 (06-18-2014)