Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,130

0 members and 2,130 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,395
Threads: 248,765
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Boons
    Thanks

I need some help/advice

WELL FIRSTLY I WANNA SAY HI TO EVERYONE IN THE BP.NET COMMUNITY I HAVEN'T BEEN ON IN A WHILE SO HI AGAIN EVERYONE.now to my problem me an my daughter or the only 2 staying here rite now. shes 5 an she was really getting into the bp we have. so i brought her a lil corn snake now don't go off on me i take care of them both!! lol but the corn snake in her room an its hers so the other day me an her were in the living room an i was spot cleaning the bp cage, an out of nowhere BAM my bp tagged me an hes usually very nice so as he stuck at me when he hit me i kinda yelled!! really loud it didnt even hurt that much but i yelled. my daughter got really scared i overreacted to it i didnt mean 2 now she wants nothing to do with my snake i used to tell her if we both sitting id say go get the snake an id watch her go in the cage with a careful approach she handles it like a pro she knows how to pic it up everything now she wants nothing to do with it an im worried that she might stop liking reptiles ive even picked i up again to show her that it was nice but nah she done with it is there anything i can do too stop her from being scared of them because she loved them at first now she don't lol any suggestions??
    SOME HUMANS CAN'T BE TRUSTED. thats why animals or mens best friend.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Don't push it...just continue to take it out and handle it around her, maybe she will come around.

Thanks

Re: I need some help/advice

Yelling out when you get started is a perfectly normal response so don't beat yourself up over that.

I think this is probably going to take patience to get her trust back so you should not try to rush it. First thing I would do is explain that the snake scared you and it didn't hurt you. Thats not going to be enough but if you continue to handle the snakes when she can see you but don't try to push it on her eventually hopefully she will get her trust back. I assume that is probably what got her interested in the first place.

Thanks
    With my 5 year old the best thing we can do when he's scared of something is to ignore the fact that he's scared. We recently moved into a new house & he was scared to be upstairs by himself. The old house was a 2 story house & he would go upstairs by himself there but would cry if he had to go upstairs to go to bed without his older brother or if his shoes were upstairs he would beg someone to go with him. Now 3 weeks later and us ignoring the fear, he's up there watching tv by himself. My advice, keep doing your normal routine & ignore that she's been scared. She'll come around