Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,283

2 members and 2,281 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,395
Threads: 248,765
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Boons
    Thanks

Couple questions (Feeding and Curious related)

So I've been feeding my Female Lesser Ball a hopper mouse for about a month (feed her every 5 days) and the last feeding the hopper just looked a little puny. So I went ahead and bout mice, which were the smallest next to the hoppers at petco. Well when I brought one out, it looked a bit big, but once it thaws out it might seem smaller? I don't want to waste a mouse if I don't have too :| And I don't own a scale, so I'm not sure how much she weighs.

Here's a pic of the frozen mouse next to her, what do you think? Should I keep with hoppers a little longer or do you think this is okay? I wanted to get a side shot, since it is a litle flat from the bag, but she caught wind of it and was trying to strike at it. Didn't want her to get a brain freeze.

Also, I was messing with her this weekend, and noticed something in her eye. Not sure if this is something that might be an issue later or nothing to be worried about at all. Looks like she might have some skin covering the back part of her eye?

Right eye with issue:

Left eye for comparison:

And finally, I noticed this when I first got her, but thought it might go away with shedding. Just wondering if she might have a tiny bit of a paradox going on here? Or is this normal?

Left side of tail:

Right side:

Underside:

Sorry for all the noobish questions n_n;

Thanks

Re: Couple questions (Feeding and Curious related)

Mmm... if I could just get an answer to the mouse size that would be great n_n; I need to feed her today.

Thanks

That mouse looks fine to me. It appears to be about as big around as your snake and thats what you should be looking for.

Thanks

That mouse looks about the right size to me. It should be about the same size as the fattest part of her body. A little bigger is OK the can actually eat stuff quite a bit bigger but it takes longer to digest and I wouldn't recommend it.
    Click here to see My collection & Available> http://www.iherp.com/Public/Animals/...2-08169f5b8efc

Thanks
    I just moved up to the same size mouse yesterday. The size of your bp compared to mouse looks the same as mine, and he ate it with no trouble. Also seemed much happier with an appropriate sized meal. She should do fine with that mouse.

Thanks

Give it a try. Your snake will tell you soon enough if it's too big. I would say it should be able to eat that.

As far as the eye goes, keep inspecting it and see if it gets any worse. I'm not sure what you see, but I don't see anything out of the ordinary. As far as paradox, only time will tell. You will have to breed the snake and see what the babies look like. Anything is possible.

Good Luck!
    Jim Smith

Thanks

Oh yeah, that size mouse should be fine Not quite sure what's going on with her eye, but it doesn't look like anything serious. If it is some sort of stuck skin/eye cap, then it should go away with the next shed. I'm also not sure about the dark marking, but it's definitely interesting and she is a gorgeous snake!!
    ~ Erin ~

somewhat damaged

0.1 normal ball "Karma"
    1.0 albino ball "Reznor"
    1.0 brazilian rainbow boa "Helix"
    1.1 corns - bloodred "Jambi", creamsicle okeetee "Aurora"
    1.0 striped california king "Nix"
    0.1 yellow tiger crested gecko "Ember"

Thanks
    Ya know what, when I first got one of my BPs, her eye was just like that. She's had two sheds with me, and she still has it. It hasnt gotten worse, just hasnt gone away. Still not sure what it is.