Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,335

0 members and 1,335 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Daveb82 (42)

» Stats

Members: 75,222
Threads: 248,630
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Langdon

Thread: Shed

Thanks

Shed

OK, I posted earlier about redness under their bellies... I was overreacting, it was just them going into shed.

The male's eyes have started to milk over, and if the females eyes are doing it, you'd never notice on her. Her eyes are as black as black gets... But I did start to notice the different tinge color of her scar... which has been my primary indicator for her and shedding. So they're both about to do it.

I was just wondering out of curiosity, from "eyes beginning to milk up" to "shed complete"... how long does that take? They're due for food here, soon... and I had a friend that wants to watch, but I know they won't eat going through their shed... And I need to tell him a date in advance, as he lives quite a while from me.

I never really measured the time between eyes milking up to shed complete... so... yeah.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Have you had them very long? Are they pretty young? Pretty much all of mine will eat in any stage of shed. It's just the hatchlings that give me grief because they don't have it figured out yet. Have you attempted feeding in shed before? I'm asking because many new people think they won't eat in shed because they read it somewhere or someone told them that. Most BPs will eat in shed, it's a myth that it's bad for them or that none/few of them will eat in shed.

The time between the blue phase and shedding can vary, but I believe it's right around a week.

Thanks
    The male is a May 07 and the female is a Jun 03... Although they both aren't picky when it comes to food (eat just about anything, pinkies to full sized rats) they refuse to eat during shed. The female will eat during shed if she hasn't eaten weeks before, but that's only "if". She only ate three weeks ago, but I also need to take into consideration that it's getting to be about "that time" for her to stop eating, as she's currently in breed-mode.

The male, however, is a pain to get to eat... especially since he was being used to breed... You know how that goes. So it's hit and miss with him right now. I'm just looking for a general time I can expect shed to be over so that I can tell my buddy when to expect to come through for feeding.
    Last edited by zmd0827; 01-19-2011 at 02:12 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zmd0827 View Post
    The male is a May 07 and the female is a Jun 03... Although they both aren't picky when it comes to food (eat just about anything, pinkies to full sized rats) they refuse to eat during shed. The female will eat during shed if she hasn't eaten weeks before, but that's only "if". She only ate three weeks ago, but I also need to take into consideration that it's getting to be about "that time" for her to stop eating, as she's currently in breed-mode.

The male, however, is a pain to get to eat... especially since he was being used to breed... You know how that goes. So it's hit and miss with him right now. I'm just looking for a general time I can expect shed to be over so that I can tell my buddy when to expect to come through for feeding.
    from blue eyed snakes to finish I'd give it a week, 1.5 weeks tops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Xan Powers!
    -Going back to being active-

Thanks

Re: Shed

I was going to say 7 to 10 days from first sign of blue.