Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,373

2 members and 2,371 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,408
Threads: 248,769
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, WheezyS
    Thanks

Some things I learned over the weekend

First if you using Cypress Mulch as a bedding in Sterilite Tubs, do not wet it before hand!! My humidity was hitting 85%! What I had to do was take it all back out then I baked it in the oven on 300 for 10-15 minute intervals mixxing it up till it was completely dry! Once I did this the humidity finally came down to 55%
    Also plastic containers as hides.... not so good. The condensation inside of it was horrible. It was just dripping with water. So I went out and bought ceramic stone enclosures. Much Much better.

I also bought a space heater for the room which helped out alot. Ambient temp in the tub is at 75 degrees. The two balls I got seem to love there new setup The flexwatt I didnt think would heat thru the tubs and cypress mulch but it actually warms it really nice. Real happy witht he way everything turn out

Oh yeah I picked up two females this weekend.... 1 High Contrast Albino, and 1 Lesser. I will try and snap some pics tonight

Thanks

Re: Some things I learned over the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Dodge View Post
    First if you using Cypress Mulch as a bedding in Sterilite Tubs, do not wet it before hand!! My humidity was hitting 85%! What I had to do was take it all back out then I baked it in the oven on 300 for 10-15 minute intervals mixxing it up till it was completely dry! Once I did this the humidity finally came down to 55%
    Also plastic containers as hides.... not so good. The condensation inside of it was horrible. It was just dripping with water. So I went out and bought ceramic stone enclosures. Much Much better.

I also bought a space heater for the room which helped out alot. Ambient temp in the tub is at 75 degrees. The two balls I got seem to love there new setup The flexwatt I didnt think would heat thru the tubs and cypress mulch but it actually warms it really nice. Real happy witht he way everything turn out

Oh yeah I picked up two females this weekend.... 1 High Contrast Albino, and 1 Lesser. I will try and snap some pics tonight
    Me and Flexwatt don't get along for some reason. I find that flexwatt doesn't work nearly as well with an on/off stat vs. a proportional because of how fast it cools down.

The space heater is an excellent idea. I use it, along with heat cable, to keep the ambient temp 78+.

Thanks

nice, i love when everything comes together and all the work is over and you can just sit back and enjoy the awesome animals.
    A room full of empty racks and thermostats that have been unplugged.

*Chris*

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mpkeelee View Post
    nice, i love when everything comes together and all the work is over and you can just sit back and enjoy the awesome animals.
    I'll tell you when that humidity gauge was showing 85% I was freakin

By the way Digital Temp/Humidity gauges are worth there weight in Gold!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,191 Times in 952 Posts

I also went with a oil radiator space heater in my BP room this year. It does do wonders. I've been able to keep the room around 78 degrees all winter so far.
    - Greg

Visit our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/412Balls/

or our website: http://412balls.weebly.com/

Thanks
    Sounds like you got things under control.
    - Dave Harms - www.wax32.com | Pinstripe, Yellow Belly, Sulfur, Cinnamon ph G-Stripe, Pastel het Hypo | Pastel, Fire, Albino, Mojave, Lesser Platinum ph G-Stripe, Pastel ph G-Stripe, het G-Stripe, het Hypo, het Piebald, Pastel Yellowbelly