Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,295

1 members and 3,294 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,377 Posts

Re: Any thoughts on the new Reptile Report Marketplace?

Quote Originally Posted by digizure View Post
    I've seen some ads that says "contact seller" for snakes that hasn't been hatched yet.
    Selling snakes that haven't even hatched yet just seems like a hassle waiting to happen...
    Lucifer Sam, Siam cat...
    Always sitting by your side,
    Always by your side...
    That cat's something I can't explain...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sho220 For This Useful Post:

Bluebonnet Herp (04-16-2014),Mr. Misha (04-16-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sho220 View Post
    Selling snakes that haven't even hatched yet just seems like a hassle waiting to happen...
    Agreed. If you're going to offer snakes that havent been born, do it on your site or FB. I also dont like the multiple snakes on one ad posts. It defeats the purpose of the service and I personally dont even bother reading them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    0.1 Reg. BP Het. Albino (Faye),
    1.0 Albino BP (Henry),
    0.1 Pastave BP Het. Pied (Kira)
    1.0 Pied BP (Sam)
    1.0 Bumble Bee BP (Izzy)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,377 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Misha View Post
    Agreed. If you're going to offer snakes that havent been born, do it on your site or FB.
    Not to mention...it sounds like a good way to jinx yourself...
    Lucifer Sam, Siam cat...
    Always sitting by your side,
    Always by your side...
    That cat's something I can't explain...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sho220 For This Useful Post:

STjepkes (04-18-2014)

BPnet Veteran majorleaguereptiles's Avatar
    Thanks

Any thoughts on the new Reptile Report Marketplace?

Quote Originally Posted by digizure View Post
    Another thing... why does the market place allow an ad of a snake that doesn't exist yet?

For example, I don't want to say who or what, Mr. John Doe is selling his Panda Pied and in his ad, it says to contact the seller because John Doe is breeding two black pastel pieds right now. WTF?

The marketplace should ONLY list snakes that is available right now. My two cents.
    Interesting comments. I'm currently posting some freeway ads where availability is limited, but the postings were really more of a solid contribution to the site. I don't need ads to sell them, but I like the new marketplace and those behind it. We just wanted to support the launch with some cool animals. Wish we had some more availability on certain animals, but I can see where folks are coming from. But the animals I posted are for a real limited market anyway. I think for something that rare, as a perspective buyer I wouldn't mind seeing where to go to get my hands on it when it does become available.

That being said I would agree with ads posted with only available animals being involved. I imagine certain things will get worked out as things move forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by majorleaguereptiles; 04-16-2014 at 03:06 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,862 Times in 4,780 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Misha View Post
    If you're going to offer snakes that havent been born, do it on your site or FB.
    For a higher-end or rare morph I could see it, if only because if/when I can afford to buy at that price point I can plan to have the cash available in a few months. I'm not big on payment plans personally.

I also dont like the multiple snakes on one ad posts. It defeats the purpose of the service and I personally dont even bother reading them.
    I can see doing it in certain cases, such as a breeding group.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The following statements are my opinion only, and in no way imply or infer anything about TRRM policies or positions on these matters...

Some people are really good at placing ads that benefit their business and their customer base. Some people aren't. I don't think it's the business of TRRM (or any advertising venue) to try and turn poor advertisers into good ones.

It's bad business (in my opinion) to advertise for animals that haven't even been born/hatched yet. But not everyone may feel that way. It's up to individual buyers to choose to take that risk or not. It's not up to advertising venues to decide which risks are worth considering and which are not.

Same thing with multiple animals listed in a single ad. Some people don't mind. Some do. It's a personal choice to make for the business person creating the ads, and a personal choice for each potential customer to decide whether or not they want to search that ad for an animal/product to buy. Again, it's not up to the advertising venue to make those choices for us.

Personally, I think it's dumb to post ads with bad pictures, but I don't think it's my business to tell someone they CAN NOT post an ad because their picture sucks. It IS my business to simply skip over that ad and move on to someone who at least seems more business savvy by taking the time and effort to make and use clean, clear photos of what they are selling.

THIS thread should be about matters directly related to TRRM features and what folks like and don't like about the features offered or that might be offered in the future.

I think it would be helpful to start ANOTHER thread about advertising practices, and what customers are looking for in good adverts and what turns them off about bad ones.

-- Judy

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JLC For This Useful Post:

bcr229 (04-16-2014),PitOnTheProwl (04-16-2014),sorraia (04-16-2014),STjepkes (04-18-2014),whatsherface (04-19-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,862 Times in 4,780 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JLC View Post
    THIS thread should be about matters directly related to TRRM features and what folks like and don't like about the features offered or that might be offered in the future.
    I still want to be able to filter out or exclude certain phrases and/or sellers when I look at ads.

A feedback system would be nice. Unlike eBay allow sellers to leave negative feedback for deadbeat buyers.

GunBroker has a function to allow sellers to block specific bidders/buyers, which is an awesome feature when you get solicited by a user to sell off the books/without paperwork... uh, no, either you're a felon or you're ATF so go away... and I've noticed that there are a lot more criminals and scammers in the herp world than the gun world.

Thanks

I think there should be seperate place in the ad where you can put the price of shipping. Maybe it could be below the snake price, kind of what Ebay does. For most of the ads I just see the price of the snake but there's not even a mention about shipping price. Just a couple thought.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    0.1 Reg. BP Het. Albino (Faye),
    1.0 Albino BP (Henry),
    0.1 Pastave BP Het. Pied (Kira)
    1.0 Pied BP (Sam)
    1.0 Bumble Bee BP (Izzy)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Misha For This Useful Post:

LLLReptile (04-18-2014)

Thanks

Someone already mentioned it, but my only problem is with it reverting back to page one. When I view an ad on page 7, it should just send me back to the point I was viewing. Also, when it takes you back to page 1, it reverts the ads per page back to 10. Other than that I like the page and the search ability is great.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by scooter11; 04-18-2014 at 11:20 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to scooter11 For This Useful Post:

whatsherface (04-19-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Very cool! I'm so out of the loop, I haven't had internet access lately... That looks awesome, I think it will be a big hit and stay a big hit!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast