Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,290

3 members and 3,287 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,139 Posts

Re: First clutch....Bitter sweet

Quote Originally Posted by Izzys Keeper View Post
    Could your pastel be a pastel lesser?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    That is a good point! This is turning out to be a real "who's your daddy" saga! I still think the" amphogenia retardata "has something to do with the making of this hatchling. If not , it's a good differential. Nice job Joe!
    Last edited by Albert Clark; 06-25-2015 at 11:08 AM.
    Stay in peace and not pieces.

Thanks

Could your pastel be a pastel lesser?

To me he doesn't look anything like a Lesser.

Thanks

These are from WOB. not saying he looks exactly like one. Just trying to help make sense of things

Thanks

These are from WOB. not saying he looks exactly like one. Just trying to help make sense of things

Thanks. I believe if the male has a BEL complex 2nd gene it is something more subtle, like Mocha or Russo. Lessers are usually pretty easy to spot IMO. I am leaning toward this being a case of retained sperm until proven otherwise. I will be keeping this hatchling, so it may take a few years but i will figure this all out.....eventually

Thanks

It's unfortunate that you lost all but this guy, but dang it turned into a pretty neat little mystery. Keep us updated on the other clutch and post progress pictures on this lil one!
    - The Grove Reptiles

Thanks

I am stumped! Here are a few post shed pics. As you can see, there is a yellow dorsal stripe and the eyes are very dark with a black Iris. One interesting thing that is hard to pick up with my crappy camera is that the lower half of the snake is creamy white, but the upper half has a purple hue. It may be a while before I figure this out for sure......because it's a SHE!

Thanks

Seeing these pictures I think I'm going to have to toss my vote for yellowbelly. It would account for dad still being so bright and mom's elongated alien heads. The next 3 ish years are going to be the longest of your life!
    - The Grove Reptiles

BPnet Senior Member Solarsoldier001's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 785 Posts

Looks like yellowbellies. That appears like an ivory. That's what I thought when I saw the first pic. Looked like it had somewhat of a head pattern. But it was so light it was hard to tell. As she sheds. The color/pattern will just get more definite. Congrats on the one beauty!

Sent from iPhone 6 using tapatalk
    Boys:________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________
    Pewter - Dexter | Butter 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Butters | Super Fire - Mr. Buttons | Mystic - Charming | Banana Enchi Woma - Gizmo |
    Girls:________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________
    Pinstripe - Honey | Mojave - Maya | Lesser - Pepper | Calico 50% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Jewel | Normal 100% Het Pied - Hinata | Butter 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Aurora | Spider 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Betsy | Blue Eye Leustic 50% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Snowflake | Spinner Blast - Jasmin | Butterbee - Ariel | Hypo Butter - Penelope |

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Asherah View Post
    Seeing these pictures I think I'm going to have to toss my vote for yellowbelly. It would account for dad still being so bright and mom's elongated alien heads. The next 3 ish years are going to be the longest of your life!

This is why I love this forum! I was so caught up with the BEL complex with the Mom being a Mojave, that I never even considered this possibility. If this little one is indeed an Ivory that would be a crazy and unexpected result as neither the Sire or the Dam were sold to me as anything more than a Pastel and a Mojave. Then again, this hatchling has created quite a bit of head scratching already. Thank you all for your help and opinions trying to figure this out! After the latest replies I am more confused then before....lol. But now I have noticed another small detail.....RED PUPILS!

So now the question is....IF she is indeed an Ivory......Is she just an Ivory, or a Pastel Ivory, or a Mojave Ivory, or a Pastave Ivory LOL!

Thanks

For comparison sake I snatched up my ivory and took him outside for a few quick pictures. He's about 700g and also has a possible second gene floating around though nothing your working with. Excuse a lady for the dirty fingernails. It's my first day off in more months than I wanna count and I have done nothing but lady in bed, play skyrim and eat cookies... which are apparently still sorta hanging around. Lol

Whatever yours turns out to be she's for sure a pretty thing! Breed the parents again next year and maybe you'll have some faster answers.
    Last edited by Asherah; 07-06-2015 at 05:00 PM.
    - The Grove Reptiles

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast