Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,419

3 members and 3,416 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97

Thread: ReptiLinks

Thanks

ReptiLinks

Okay so I searched and only saw one thread with this topic but how cool is this?! I really think it's a game changer for the hobby since a huge turn off to many is rodents. Please leave your thoughts below I think it's really cool!

http://www.reptilinks.com/#about

Ryan Hatmaker - Hatmaker Reptiles-

Colubrids and Sand Boas

"Once you get your first snake, you've sold your soul to reptiles. You can try to leave or run away... but they will find you."

Thanks
    That is neat. It never hurts to give it a try. If it does not work then it does not work. It even shows you what is in it.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,139 Posts

Thumbs up Re: ReptiLinks

Looks very interesting. I would definitely be giving it a try. Reminds me of the Fresh Direct product for dogs and cats.
    Stay in peace and not pieces.

BPnet Senior Member Bluebonnet Herp's Avatar
    Thanks
    Was only a matter of time before reptile food became manufactured. First there's turtle pellets, then the crested gecko diet like from Repashy, and now this.

Thanks
    I dunno how to feel about this. It's a cool idea, if they'll eat it...
    0.1 Lesser Pastel

Black Spooky Kitty
    0.1 Faye Tiny Kitty

?.?
    Feral Cat Colony

And more on the way always....

Thanks
    Thanked 9,862 Times in 4,780 Posts
    The concept has been around for a while. Some critters will eat it, others will not. I can see it being useful for people who breed species like DRMB's where the babies prefer to start on anoles rather than rodents, if they'll hit the scented links.

Thanks
    The company says they offer full refunds if the critters won't take it. I can easily see ball pythons being picky little bastards about it, but my carpet pythons that come flying out of the cage every Thursday anxious to eat? They no doubt would take it. Given the price point is still high I don't see this ever being a large scale breeder feeder but rather a pet store option. I mean, I have had dozens of friends that I wanted to sell snakes to when I was in highschool. I could convince many of their parents that snakes are not all bad, easy to care for, etc etc. but many moms could not get over the fact that rodents have to be in their freezer. If this become large scale, more kids will be able to get snakes at petstores. The more people that get one, the more people that get hooked and expand this hobby. Idk just my thoughts I really think it's a winner lol

Ryan Hatmaker - Hatmaker Reptiles-

Colubrids and Sand Boas

"Once you get your first snake, you've sold your soul to reptiles. You can try to leave or run away... but they will find you."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ridinandreptiles For This Useful Post:

BCS (05-23-2015)

Thanks

Re: ReptiLinks

Hey all, my names Tyler, my brother and I co-own Reptilinks. Just thought I'd chime in in case you have any questions. We have tons of balls taking the links (some who were refusing F/T mice before, but took the links immediately). Balls are picky though, no doubt! It's hit or miss with them. There is a Facebook group called "the linkside" with about 200 members, all feeding links. So you you want to see pictures and videos of customers animals feeding, fee free to join up. We've been working on these links for 5+ years, feeding them that whole time to our personal collections and breeding collections. If anyone has bought a snake from Nick Helble they will attest to the quality of animals we produce. The links are in no way manufactured - you'll see if you order that they are raw, ground whole prey with no additives. All the links are hand made by us or our one employee. Thanks guys!
    Tyler

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reptilinks For This Useful Post:

CrystalRose (05-24-2015),Ridinandreptiles (05-24-2015)

Thanks

Re: ReptiLinks

Quote Originally Posted by Reptilinks View Post
    Hey all, my names Tyler, my brother and I co-own Reptilinks. Just thought I'd chime in in case you have any questions. We have tons of balls taking the links (some who were refusing F/T mice before, but took the links immediately). Balls are picky though, no doubt! It's hit or miss with them. There is a Facebook group called "the linkside" with about 200 members, all feeding links. So you you want to see pictures and videos of customers animals feeding, fee free to join up. We've been working on these links for 5+ years, feeding them that whole time to our personal collections and breeding collections. If anyone has bought a snake from Nick Helble they will attest to the quality of animals we produce. The links are in no way manufactured - you'll see if you order that they are raw, ground whole prey with no additives. All the links are hand made by us or our one employee. Thanks guys!
    Tyler
    Great to see you on here to answer these questions!

I was curious about the beardie links. Where it says whole carcass except for guts, that's also excluding fur, correct? My husband was interested in them, but he wasn't sure if the links included the fur, which he didn't think would be very good for our girl on a regular basis.