Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,273

1 members and 3,272 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,139 Posts

Re: Please Help! Is my cage set up right? What are these red markings on my BP?

Congrats on the beautiful calibee and the new banana coming in! I would for now ditch the cypress mulch for paper towels so I could get a handle on the scale condition. It looks very minor but that's just speculation. It's hard to tell if it's a mite condition front the video or from the pics. I would certainly want to rule that out! Good luck.
    Stay in peace and not pieces.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Albert Clark For This Useful Post:

MandMac (05-01-2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    This is an incredibly BAD idea. Do not put a freaked out rat anywhere near your snake. THAT'S how snakes get hurt.

Honestly, your snake doesn't need any help killing rats. Your snake is actually designed to do it.

Ok thanks! wasnt sure if this was worth a try after the redish stuff under his scale showed up.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Clark View Post
    Congrats on the beautiful calibee and the new banana coming in! I would for now ditch the cypress mulch for paper towels so I could get a handle on the scale condition. It looks very minor but that's just speculation. It's hard to tell if it's a mite condition front the video or from the pics. I would certainly want to rule that out! Good luck.
    Thanks I will change the cypress mulch out for some paper towels should i add some moss into the tank to keep humidity up ? the cypress mulch has kept the humidity up pretty good so i havent added moss into the tank yet. It dont look super bad just is small spots in a couple places. I will be checking better today for mites on him. I dont believe he has them tho i have never seen him soak and didnt see any in my quick check i did last night. Not 100% sure if its true that they soak a lot with mites if it is tho its a good sign he hasnt soaked then I didnt own two normals years ago that got them (when i bought the second one she had them it was before i knew to check when you get them i was 14) I remember treating them but dont remember if they soaked a lot lol

Thanks
    Not all snakes soak with mites. Yes add some moss for humidity. Yeah the rodent in pillow case is a bad idea. It's also cruel IMO, I mean yeah your feeding it to a snake but that is not the same that's just how the food chain works.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chrid16371 View Post
    Not all snakes soak with mites. Yes add some moss for humidity. Yeah the rodent in pillow case is a bad idea. It's also cruel IMO, I mean yeah your feeding it to a snake but that is not the same that's just how the food chain works.

I did a good 30 min search on him and didnt see anything when i did check on him i saw a very very small whiteish tanish color bug on his log not sure what is was it was 2 far away i hurried to get the log hide out to get a better look and it was gone. are there white tan color mites? the mites my snake had 10 years ago (diff snake) had black mites. I will add some moss to his tank! also TBH i didnt want to put the poor rat in a pillow case but it had a lot of good reviews so i wasnt sure if it was worth trying or not. I have never had a problem with snakes eating rats before so like i said i dont think its from them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12