Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,376

3 members and 3,373 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Soon to be new guy

Quote Originally Posted by Fraido View Post
    Welcome to my life! Lmao That's just the way she is, everything she says is right, everything I say is wrong. She's always rude, and none of that is ever going to change, sadly. Nothin' hormonal about it!

You know what's even more annoying?! Yelling at me and being rude as all heck and then 30 seconds later talking to me like it's all good! URGH. So she hauls us over to the hospital at 11pm because she's all concerned that it's some toxic chemical that's causing her to be unable to taste and only smell that nasty smell, we were there until three just for the doctor to say exactly what I expected! Nothing he can do because she is otherwise healthy.. he even frickin tested to make sure she wasn't going looney by asking her to tell him her name, the date and where she was. Sheesh -_- Meanwhile she was expecting them to run all these tests, like, YOU'RE FINE WOMAN.

The neighbours are pretty gross when it comes to smells, but whatever she is smelling I do not smell all that often. Good Lord, give me strength!
    Hate to say it but my life and my relationship with my mom improved a tremendous amount after I didn't live with her ...glad the doctor didn't give in to her hypochondria...wow kind of scary he actually thought she was losing it...has she always been preoccupied by thinking things are wrong? I say live in the moment! If something bad is going to happen or you breath in toxins or whatever you can't do much to stop it so you might as well enjoy life while you're healthy! Tell her to carry some cinnamon or lavender in her pocket to mask the smells.
    Valentine's Keeper

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snoopyslim For This Useful Post:

AlexisFitzy (07-28-2016),Fraido (07-28-2016)

Thanks

Once upon a time we had a dead ferret in our small chest freezer (living in an apartment, waiting for a burial opportunity), wrapped up in plastic. When my stepmother came to visit we made sure anything we might want was in the freezer portion of the refrigerator/freezer, and piled all the cast-iron cookware on top of the ferret-freezer.

And now the big freezer has a whole shelf of rats, mice, and chicks, and the get thawed in the refrigerator.

Which is probably a long-winded way of saying that my perspective of what's normal/reasonable to find in the freezer might be a liiiiiittle bit warped.

Sent using software and hardware
    0.4 BPs, 0.1 Antaresia, 2.1 Morelia, 0.0.1 Liasis, 1.0 Aspidites, 0.1 Blood, 1.1 Kings, 2.0 Milks, 1.2 Corns, 2.0 Ratsnakes, 0.1 Hognose, 1.0 RTB, 2.1 KSBs, 1.0 Tortoise, 1.0 Skink, 3.0 dogs, 2.1 Human serfs

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Prognathodon For This Useful Post:

Fraido (07-28-2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopyslim View Post
    Hate to say it but my life and my relationship with my mom improved a tremendous amount after I didn't live with her ...glad the doctor didn't give in to her hypochondria...wow kind of scary he actually thought she was losing it...has she always been preoccupied by thinking things are wrong? I say live in the moment! If something bad is going to happen or you breath in toxins or whatever you can't do much to stop it so you might as well enjoy life while you're healthy! Tell her to carry some cinnamon or lavender in her pocket to mask the smells.
    I didn't live with her for the last 4 years, zero improvements. She's just an overall mean person who sees me as someone incapable of understanding anything, actually she does that with everybody she feels comfortable showing her true colours around. Say something against what she thinks, you're in the wrong. Go as far to actually say she is wrong, she will raise her voice and tell you, "You're not understanding what I'm saying!" Doesn't matter what the topic is, she always seems to think she knows more about it. *rolls eyes* "I don't know why I bother," she says! Me too... v.v

Don't get me started on how I can't accidentally do something wrong, she'll flip crap.. knocked over a potted plant OUTSIDE and tried to put it back together decently, but nothing's ever good enough for her! God, she noticed the plant and spewed about how she can't have nice thing and doesn't know why she even tries and that the plant is probably dead. Ohhhh my gooosshh. That plant is perfectly fine, by the way.

On the plus side, I have succeeded in my goal of getting her to let me take my dog which has been living in a little apartment with my dad with many other animals and not getting the attention and time she needs! Our two week trial begins Monday, though being her I probably won't do a good enough job regardless of how hard I try, but we'll see. Our little place might not be that big, but it's better than that apartment and she'll have a yard (albeit PUNY) and I can properly exercise her and brush her and I'm SO EXCITED.

Starting to think this thread should be called "Fraido's Official Life Thread." Lol

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fraido For This Useful Post:

Snoopyslim (07-29-2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Prognathodon View Post
    Once upon a time we had a dead ferret in our small chest freezer (living in an apartment, waiting for a burial opportunity), wrapped up in plastic. When my stepmother came to visit we made sure anything we might want was in the freezer portion of the refrigerator/freezer, and piled all the cast-iron cookware on top of the ferret-freezer.

And now the big freezer has a whole shelf of rats, mice, and chicks, and the get thawed in the refrigerator.

Which is probably a long-winded way of saying that my perspective of what's normal/reasonable to find in the freezer might be a liiiiiittle bit warped.

Sent using software and hardware
    Lol, we probably have similar perspectives.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KaylaEliuk View Post
    I was thinking her problems with her nose may be hormonal. You know how when a person is pergnant they can smell everything, and a lot of things taste off?
    Notsuggesting that she is pregnant of course! Just thinking that a hormonal imbalance could maybe cause it.
    She should try seeing her GP and calmly talking about her symptoms, but she sounds like she won't listen if you suggest it.

Good grief that must suck.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
    Nope, she probably wouldn't listen at all! I know what she's smelling, it was strong not this past Monday but the one before, it was a really nasty smell. I thought it smelled similar to spoiled milk, but if I tell her that she gets mad and shrugs me off because that's not what it smells like to her. Like, I can't really help that it smells like that to me?! Regardless, I haven't really smelt it at all since a couple days after we first smelled it. If I'm out side for long enough I will get the occasional wiff, but not really.

There has been many nasty smells from there, it's mostly just fish because they cook it a lot. All she can do is complain to the landlord and see where it goes, I feel fine, my boyfriend feels fine, so it's her with the issue. She's going to bring it up with our family doctor when she has her appointment next week, hopefully she'll get some answers and stop complaining about it all the time. She's not even home tonight because she wants to see if being away from the smell helps.. peace and quiet for me!
    Crawling back into the reptile scene once more!

Thanks

I didn't live with her for the last 4 years, zero improvements. She's just an overall mean person who sees me as someone incapable of understanding anything, actually she does that with everybody she feels comfortable showing her true colours around. Say something against what she thinks, you're in the wrong. Go as far to actually say she is wrong, she will raise her voice and tell you, "You're not understanding what I'm saying!" Doesn't matter what the topic is, she always seems to think she knows more about it. *rolls eyes* "I don't know why I bother," she says! Me too... v.v

Don't get me started on how I can't accidentally do something wrong, she'll flip crap.. knocked over a potted plant OUTSIDE and tried to put it back together decently, but nothing's ever good enough for her! God, she noticed the plant and spewed about how she can't have nice thing and doesn't know why she even tries and that the plant is probably dead. Ohhhh my gooosshh. That plant is perfectly fine, by the way.

On the plus side, I have succeeded in my goal of getting her to let me take my dog which has been living in a little apartment with my dad with many other animals and not getting the attention and time she needs! Our two week trial begins Monday, though being her I probably won't do a good enough job regardless of how hard I try, but we'll see. Our little place might not be that big, but it's better than that apartment and she'll have a yard (albeit PUNY) and I can properly exercise her and brush her and I'm SO EXCITED.

Starting to think this thread should be called "Fraido's Official Life Thread." Lol
    Some people just can't be pleased unfortunately.

0.1 2014 Cinnamon BP, 0.0.1 2013 Anery Corn
    "Short cuts make long delays"
    - J.R.R Tolkien

10. The Following User Says Thank You to KaylaEliuk For This Useful Post:

Fraido (07-28-2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aahmn View Post
    Lots of vets take Care Credit now. That is now the payment plan people get - 6 months interest free. Just where I work I know we've had to eat a lot of bills of people that promised to pay back when we did do regular payment plans. There are very high costs associated with running a clinic, and it sucks, but without those things being paid, there's no more service. Vets can't afford to repeatedly eat those costs.

For exams, you pay for the doctor's time and knowledge. Veterinarians by far graduate with the highest debt to income ratio in all medical fields. That education isn't cheap, and neither are the enormous piles of debt they graduate with. They pay the same or more per credit as someone in med school, have to learn multiple species, yet their services are not considered to be worth nearly as much. For comparison, average billing charges for mechanics are close to $100/hr, but you can bet that the mechanics themselves don't make that much and they certainly didn't pay nearly as much for their education.

Businesses cost money to run, and those costs need to be paid. That's just how things work, unless you find a place that takes donations in order to provide low cost care.

Sorry. Did not mean to derail the thread...
    I don't think we have Care Credit in Canada, I think there's something like it, but I can't remember what it's called. I was looking into Care Credit at one point in time and was disappointed because I couldn't use it here. The HealthSmart company my vet uses supposedly has 12 month plan with no interest, according to their website, I'll find out soon!

I just think there should be solid payment plan options, nothing that people can just disappear and stop paying, because I understand that.

Part of me wishes vets were tax funded, or whatever, haha. Probably not reasonable, though.

I can understand why costs are so high, but that doesn't make the bills any easier to pay!
    Last edited by Fraido; 07-28-2016 at 10:58 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KaylaEliuk View Post
    Some people just can't be pleased unfortunately.

Unfortunately, indeed. Every way I try to something is never the right way for her, and she wonders WHY I don't ever do anything. *rolls eyes* I guess I can't complain, I don't have to pay rent or anything. 😜

Thanks

Not sure if scar tissue or what, but it looks pretty weird, as you can see on the left there!

Thanks

God I hate myself. -_- Of course I spill half the bottle of antibiotics on the floor. No way I am buying another 60 dollar little bottle of it, so I guess I'll just give it to her as long as I can. UGH. Why must I ruin everything? Sheesh.

The vet said it's only going to keep her "comfortable in the meantime," because things will just get stinky and uncomfortable for her again without the procedure, but she shows no signs of discomfort right now anyways. So even without the full course of antibiotics she should be fine until I can get it done.
    You can still give them to her, as long as they didnt fall into some liquid or other poisonous chemical.. Surely dusting them off wnt hurt. Kinda like the 2 second rule. I wouldnt discontinue the treatment of her issue. It is more than just a stinky thing..their mouths hurt when they are infected. Much like ours. And not treating it can lead to other health issues. I realise you have to wait for her surgery.. But I certainly wouldnt discontinue meds if it wasnt neccessary.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeanne For This Useful Post:

Fraido (08-02-2016)

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast